JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What phuq'n bullscheet... but it figures... :rolleyes:
one thing I would say is you don't ever want to be in the position where it is the agents "discretion" to prosecute you or not. You never know who it would be or what their higher ups direct them to do (even if the lower rung guy who has to carry it out feels it is wrong).

So. Day 1 post Amnesty period. Members of SAF, GOA, FPC, and customers of this one brand seem to be covered by the injunctions, however this still leaves a good number (millions) of Americans who are now "felons" if they did not comply in the following ways;

5. No longer possible; apply for free tax stamp. Now you gotta pay $200 and do one of the first 2 so that you aren't considered to be in "constructive possession" :rolleyes:
In actuality #5 wasn't really possible for the last week or more. The e-form site was overloaded and timing out most of the week. The 12:01 Jun 1st cutoff was also east coast time, so west coast was SOL at 9:01 pm. If you were working on an e-form at the time, you got booted out and sent back to the home page.

I won't go into the theories or likelihood of JBTs knocking on (or down) your door. Hopefully people became GOA/FPC members. Even with the injunctions it doesn't mean we won't be harassed. It will have to get fully struck down in court before we can breath any easier. This is far from over.

I put very little in stock in that guy's opinion now.
I was done with him back when diversified machine got busted by the ATF and the Washington law guy said that a small percentage of the people contacting him had undrilled parts and a smaller portion had parts that they finished after filing for, and getting a tax stamp and an overwhelming majority, somewhere around 80%. I think, of the people who contacted him had purchased and drill the parts without benefit of a tax stamp so he decided that 80% of the people, in general, everywhere that brought parts from Diversified Machine did so so they could illegally construct a suppressor.

He was promoted (not kidding). I can't recall what atf location is now but I researched what happened to him. At atf the worst literally rise to the top. Some other federal agencies are similar. Make a mistake and they have to move you, usually via a promotion.
I was jokingly gonna say he was promoted, lol. God bless 'merica

I won't go into the theories or likelihood of JBTs knocking on (or down) your door. Hopefully people became GOA/FPC members. Even with the injunctions it doesn't mean we won't be harassed. It will have to get fully struck down in court before we can breath any easier. This is far from over.
I doubt the ATF is going to check to see if you are a member of the GOA/FPC, and if I am not mistaken, at least one of those lawsuits is not in the ninth district? Either way, it won't keep them from shooting your dog.

I doubt the ATF is going to check to see if you are a member of the GOA/FPC, and if I am not mistaken, at least one of those lawsuits is not in the ninth district? Either way, it won't keep them from shooting your dog.
...or stomping on your cat.

Man, you need to get a dog. One you don't like all that much.
I don't like most dogs all that much... Mostly cuz the ones that are around me are loud and bark all the goddamned time. I blame their 2-legged idiots for that.

My cat, OTOH, is so simple to take care of when I leave town. I can lock her in the house for a weekend+ with just some big bowls of food and water and a clean litterbox, and she could care less that I'm gone for 2 or 3 days. Of course, I get to hear all about it from her when I eventually get back, so there's that... :rolleyes:

IMG_2243.JPG Charli_mad.JPG

Last Edited:
I put very little in stock in that guy's opinion now. He and serranto made the rookie mistake of not getting clients in grant county to keep it there so now the hb1240 injunction effort is moved to a county where it is all but a certainty they will lose. Acts very confident and says he is 100% right even when he is wrong. He and his buddy serranto made a rookie mistake that could/has make the difference between WA residents getting hb1240 enjoined or not. Im not saying he is wrong in this video, just that I don't trust his judgement very much.

If GOA had made that rookie mistake in Harney County then OR m114 would have went into full effect on dec. 8, 2023. That's really an unforgivable mistake by "experts" that are extremely highly paid to know better. Gun law guy and serranto said they were "surprised" at the judges ruling. As Col Jeff Cooper said, "you can be forgiven for being beaten, but never for being surprised". I.e. they did inadequate preparation and weren't ready for this most basic move by the state to win. Now they will lose almost certainly and so will WA state residents. Fortunately they are not the only active injunction effort in WA.
I think that's kind of a harsh interpretation of what transpired. He very clearly says his content is an opinion - he doesn't guarantee outcomes, just reads the tea leaves and tells people what he thinks.

He gave a conservative view of the FPC injunction because lawyers are supposed to lean on the side of "don't get the client thrown in jail". The clarification by the court was still a bit murkey and he wouldn't want to give people advice that could result in them facing a felony. Now with multiple courts having similar interpretations of the injunction and referencing it as such, he feels more confident in the legal protections it offers. That sounds like him being a good lawyer and not jumping on the celebratory bandwagon until some of those doubts were addressed.

As for how he and Serrano handled 1240, they filed suit in a county that would likely be favorable for the lawsuit. Seems like a common sense move to me. Maybe they should have anticipated the request for a change of venue. Maybe they were overconfident and underestimated their opponents. Regardless, I don't think it's wise to shun someone for making a mistake. We're all human, we all fail on occasion. From where I stand the good they do far outweighs their failures.

I think that's kind of a harsh interpretation of what transpired. He very clearly says his content is an opinion - he doesn't guarantee outcomes, just reads the tea leaves and tells people what he thinks.

He gave a conservative view of the FPC injunction because lawyers are supposed to lean on the side of "don't get the client thrown in jail". The clarification by the court was still a bit murkey and he wouldn't want to give people advice that could result in them facing a felony. Now with multiple courts having similar interpretations of the injunction and referencing it as such, he feels more confident in the legal protections it offers. That sounds like him being a good lawyer and not jumping on the celebratory bandwagon until some of those doubts were addressed.

As for how he and Serrano handled 1240, they filed suit in a county that would likely be favorable for the lawsuit. Seems like a common sense move to me. Maybe they should have anticipated the request for a change of venue. Maybe they were overconfident and underestimated their opponents. Regardless, I don't think it's wise to shun someone for making a mistake. We're all human, we all fail on occasion. From where I stand the good they do far outweighs their failures.
There seems to be a lot of that going on in conservative politics lately. Suddenly someone is a complete traitor to the cause because they did something you didn't like, despite all of the things they did that we all liked. Nobody's going to be perfect. I thought we learned that from Trump.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top