JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First of all, thanks for taking notes. Second, it sounds like no form 1 engraving needs to be done then to the registered SBRs?
That's what it sounds like to me but there are people that don't have that opinion. I thought the ATF lady was pretty clear about adapting the existing makers markings and that no additional engraving was required. Some are saying to apply the standard Form 1 rules that show you as the maker and that you need to add your own engraving.

all I can say is I was pretty confident after filling out and submitting the form. But now with the multitude of different interpretations I am worried Black suited men in silent helicopters with collapsible-stock MP5's will kick in my front door, kill my cats and whisk me away to super-max prison. Where I'll finally lose those 11 stubborn pounds being forced to eat only bread and water, while being passed around as a punk.
or, I'll just wait the 27 months it will take the ATF and FBI to get around to reading my form

all I can say is I was pretty confident after filling out and submitting the form. But now with the multitude of different interpretations I am worried Black suited men in silent helicopters with collapsible-stock MP5's will kick in my front door, kill my cats and whisk me away to super-max prison. Where I'll finally lose those 11 stubborn pounds being forced to eat only bread and water, while being passed around as a punk.
or, I'll just wait the 27 months it will take the ATF and FBI to get around to reading my form
Sounds like you're fully up to speed and the alphabets plan is working exactly as intended.

Kudos~!! 🤣

Wait wait wait...
I think I misread something, the tax exemption only applies to completed firearms with attached stabilizing braces... so I can't register a stripped lower receiver under tax exemption, but I can if I pay the tax?
Essentially, yes.

If the brace was attached before 1/31 you are tax stamp exempt, but you cannot assemble something new to take advantage of the exemption post 1/31.

Wait wait wait...
I think I misread something, the tax exemption only applies to completed firearms with attached stabilizing braces... so I can't register a stripped lower receiver under tax exemption, but I can if I pay the tax?

Like, tax exemption only applies to completed firearms, and 922r compliance is dismissed for the forbearance/amnesty period?
Yes on the 922r question:
A4B211B0-FE9A-493A-AA03-9B9E2DBB30B2.jpeg

Also it can't be a stripped lower it has to be a complete firearm with brace (for the tax forebearance).
Just to clarify, it can be assembled from a stripped lower and a parts kit + brace as long as it was assembled before 1/31. You don't need to have purchased a complete firearm with brace (e.g., Banshee, etc.).

At least that's how I understood it.

Just to clarify, it can be assembled from a stripped lower and a parts kit + brace as long as it was assembled before 1/31. You don't need to have purchased a complete firearm with brace (e.g., Banshee, etc.).

At least that's how I understood it.
Good clarification. I was just referring to one of the questions where they asked what if a have a lower and brace attached but no barrel. They said no because it's not complete firearm.

Good clarification. I was just referring to one of the questions where they asked what if a have a lower and brace attached but no barrel. They said no because it's not complete firearm.
Ruh-oh.... I just now was reading a section from that webinar where they said "yes", a barrel/upper does not need to be attached, but in the box below you have to indicate there are multi caliber uppers associated with your submitted "SBR".

??

Anyone else get the feeling these webinars might lead to more confusion and conflicting info than it solves? (Gooberment SOP):s0140:

Ruh-oh.... I just now was reading a section from that webinar where they said "yes", a barrel/upper does not need to be attached, but in the box below you have to indicate there are multi caliber uppers associated with your submitted "SBR".

??
Two different Qs covered that. One they said no barrel, no eligible (see q #32). The other was if I have multi caliber lower what do I do? That one is shown in q#34 on post #1455.

Last Edited:
Just an interesting tidbit...

"The government is claiming that only a small number of people will be affected by their about-face ruling on braced weapons."

The goobermint is projecting 60% compliance. (of the ones they are actually aware of)

I say... FLASH SALE! Today only!! 3 bottles of unicorn farts for the price of ONE!!
(Good Luck with that lil' woke-stains!) 🤣

Just an interesting tidbit...

"The government is claiming that only a small number of people will be affected by their about-face ruling on braced weapons."

The goobermint is projecting 60% compliance. (of the ones they are actually aware of)

I say... FLASH SALE! Today only!! 3 bottles of unicorn farts for the price of ONE!!
(Good Luck with that lil' woke-stains!) 🤣
They also want to think there's only 3-7 millions braces in circulation, when it's actually 10-40 million.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top