JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or some of us have quite a few tax stamps already Most of my stuff would have ended up SBR'd anyway. And having efiled a few things, it is always a manner of time until their server goes up in flames for a bit. It takes a dump on the regular.

Or some of us have quite a few tax stamps already Most of my stuff would have ended up SBR'd anyway. And having efiled a few things, it is always a manner of time until their server goes up in flames for a bit. It takes a dump on the regular.
I completely get that, and it's been said time and time again. For those that already have NFA items, want NFA items and/or always planned on going the NFA route.... it's great news for you! Free stamps! Enjoy!!! :s0155:

However, the majority of owners may not have any, don't want any and see it as an infringement to be forced to now "have to" register, give up their pistols or potentially face legal difficulties.

That first group really have no dog in this fight so how does any of the discussions on the merits and issues even apply to them? What do they get out of it trying to push the other folks in group 2 to think as they do, believe what they do and trying to get them to conform and do exactly what they are doing?? Lambasting them and calling folks dumba**'s if they don't or won't.

I think that is where much of the contention comes from. Some "group 1" folks (not all) coming across as trying to steamroll others to that end and, by default, avidly taking a dump on any potential considerations that might lead others to come in conflict with their own choices and beliefs.

How about.... let others freely disscus the issues as they are presented. If you have something costructive/productive to add, join in... by all means! Some issues will be discovered to be unfounded or not bear much weight. Others will and be weighed differently by each person. I think we're all adults around here and capable of making decisions on our own without having folks slamming their own "truth" over peoples heads over and over and over again.

1674767135052.png

Investigating and discussing issues is the only way to make an informed decision. Let the process play out!:s0155:

(@Wombat of Doom Any of the "you's" up there are speaking in general terms and not "you" specifically)

But keep in mind, The server will go offline and eforms will be down.This is not paranoia, but experience. It is an unstable system. This is just the reality of the past few years I have been doing it.

Ain't registering chit per their NFA stamp bribery/extortion attempt.

They can pucker up and suck a fart out of my brown star fish because that's all they deserve.
They should read this delightful little story...

Suck beefy fart.jpg

But keep in mind, The server will go offline and eforms will be down.This is not paranoia, but experience. It is an unstable system. This is just the reality of the past few years I have been doing it.
I fully get that.

Do you think though that in the day and age we live in... and in some realm... there exists the possibility that they might recognize the system is insufficient and might just opt to upgrade it?

Or it is more likely they will simply say, "Well... you guys burned up our server before the 120 day clock even started so... all y'all are just SOL. Sorry!"(?)

That does seem to be the prevailing argument for those pushing for immediate compliance. I'll give you that. Not saying that's not within the realm of possibilities either, but let's use our noggins a little. They just might be wrong, too. ;)

So basically my current information, I'll have to add to the lower when I get stamp or have to add it now or what..?
1) File form (either $200 variety or $0 pistol conversion variety)
2) Wait for approval
3) Once approved, engrave your name & city on the lower.
4) Done

It's really that simple.

I'm conservative, so I didn't engrave *ANYTHING* until after I've received approval.
I do know that others have engraved prior, but that's YOUR call.

I fully get that.

Do you think though that in the day and age we live in... and in some realm... there exists the possibility that they might recognize the system is insufficient and might just opt to upgrade it?

Or it is more likely they will simply say, "Well... you guys burned up our server before the 120 day clock even started so... all y'all are just SOL. Sorry!"(?)

That does seem to be the prevailing argument for those pushing for immediate compliance. I'll give you that. Not saying that's not within the realm of possibilities either, but let's use our noggins a little. They just might be wrong, too. ;)
I really expect the latter giving this is the same folks who disapprove stamps with "see attached page for reason for disapproval" with no attached page.(This has happened to me more than once) I resubmit identical (and I mean I used the autocomplete from the previous try) paperwork and it is inexplicably approved. As an agency, they seem fairly capricious

I guess you could say, I do not have a lot of confidence. But I expect a SOL response at some point, because I doubt they have enough server or staff for this, and I know I get cranky when overworked too.

That is not an absolute.

See the differences between Express Preemption, Implied Preemption, Conflict Preemption, and Field Preemption...

I talking about this scenario. I'm no lawyer.

But if the ATF has a warrant I don't think state agencies are gunna trump that.

In this case sheriff would have to arrest and contact/report someone with a brace to the atf. Which he is saying they will not do.
Agreed. But they aren't the only agency that will turn you in. Along with social media etc.

If people are truly worried about the ATF coming after them I would get rid of all social media including this forum.

I don't have any "braced" firearms. So I don't have a dog in this fight. I think it's wrong and illegal but I'm not trying to go to war with the federal government.

I don't have any "braced" firearms. So I don't have a dog in this fight. I think it's wrong and illegal but I'm not trying to go to war with the federal government.
Welp, I don't have any "braced" firearms... anymore...

Welp, I don't have any "braced" firearms... anymore...
Wink. Wink. Haha. No judgement here. Just like if 114 takes affect in Oregon….. I immediately won't carry any more standard capacity mags….. Wink. Wink.

Okay. There's something about Caetano v. Massachusetts that I found upon reading the case summary again...

It was vacated and remanded to the District/,State Courts, and then Massachusetts dropped all charges.

So, even though it went all the way to SCOTUS; it did not result in a Constitutional Declaration because it was unanimously vacated and remanded ..

Only the Honorable Alito's opinion and concurred by His Honor Thomas Clarence; stated a floor for "common use", and that Heller protected arms not yet in existence at the time of 2A.

Washington Gun Law just did a video on this. The sort of it is that you can't transfer your non NFA guns to a trust because the 4473 does not have an option for "trust" as the owner. You can not transfer a firearm leagally to another owner without a 4473 in Oregon, and since the 4473 does not have an option for "trust" the trust can now "own" them.

Seems like it does not matter when you "transferred" the gun to your Trust, it it is not an NFA item the trust in not capable of owning it.

I watched that video and from what I'm seeing at the 9:43 mark is that 4473 only allows an individual to be entered onto the form. He is saying that because only an individual goes on the form a trust cannot own the firearm. So by that logic a corporation, LLC, Trust, etc. could never own a title 1 firearm. This does not make sense to me. Surely in America there are some (I would guess millions?) of title 1 firearms owned by corporations, trusts, etc. How does the act of filling out a form suddenly make ownership invalid? That doesn't make sense to me. It seems to me that form 4473 is an official record of a transaction, it's not a title of ownership like you would have for a vehicle. Seems odd but I don't know the legalities of it. From the few trusts I have researched, several say that the trust can own title 1 firearms and of course the ATF says the trust must own the firearm before the published date of the brace rule if you want to use brace rule/sbr amnesty for a gun trust. Under this logic the only firearms that a gun trust could use the new brace rule/sbr anmesty on would be firearms that are already nfa items. Doesn't seem right to me.

One random example of corporation as legal owner from a CA attorney I found:

1674851060527.png

Last Edited:
I watched that video and from what I'm seeing at the 9:43 mark is that 4473 only allows an individual to be entered onto the form. He is saying that because only an individual goes on the form a trust cannot own the firearm. So by that logic a corporation, LLC, Trust, etc. could never own a title 1 firearm. This does not make sense to me. Surely in America there are some (I would guess millions?) of title 1 firearms owned by corporations, trusts, etc. How does the act of filling out a form suddenly make ownership invalid? That doesn't make sense to me. It seems to me that form 4473 is an official record of a transaction, it's not a title of ownership like you would have for a vehicle. Seems odd but I don't know the legalities of it. From the few trusts I have researched, several say that the trust can own title 1 firearms and of course the ATF says the trust must own the firearm before the published date of the brace rule if you want to use brace rule/sbr amnesty for a gun trust. Under this logic the only firearms that a gun trust could use the new brace rule/sbr anmesty on would be firearms that are already nfa items. Doesn't seem right to me.

One random example of corporation as legal owner from a CA attorney I found:

View attachment 1353867
I am not a lawyer either, but in a state other than Oregon where a background check in not required for a transfer no 4475 is necessary for private party, so a simple asset assignment worksheet would suffice. It is just OR (and similar states) that are SOL.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top