JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you don't register it as a SBR… it's still an SBR
Because the ATF/DOJ says so now doesn't always make it so. :rolleyes:

1. Made as a handgun-arm brace added maybe

2. Distributed/imported as a handgun with arm brace maybe

3. Sold as a handgun with arm brace maybe.

Nowhere in the above progress is it legally a rifle :rolleyes:

At least on paper (4473, FFL bound books, manufacturing paperwork).

On that basis alone, the Final Rule could be invalidated by courts.

I don't have much faith in Fed Courts being able to smack down the DOJ :rolleyes:

SBRs shouldn't be regulated. Period.

With that being said if one wants one bad enough to complete a form 1 or form 4 so that way they remain within the confines of the "law" I'm not going to judge them for it.

I saw this coming. But I do think it's f-cked that something that was bought legally is now all of a sudden going to be illegal unless paper work is done. But that's what the American government has evolved into.

Left or right it's all about power, control and money.

F-ck politicians. All of them.
It's not just paperwork, it's revealing private information and limiting accessories like rifle sights, flashlights and scopes that can no longer be mounted.

Registering it as a SBR for $200 allows you to mount anything that you want (to a point).

Last Edited:
It's not just paperwork, it's revealing private information and limiting accessories like sights, flashlights and scopes that can no longer be mounted.

Registering it as a SBR for $200 allows you to mount anything that you want (to a point).
Not true.

Because the ATF/DOJ says so now doesn't always make it so. :rolleyes:

1. Made as a handgun-arm brace added maybe

2. Distributed/imported as a handgun with arm brace maybe

3. Sold as a handgun with arm brace maybe.

Nowhere in the above progress is it legally a rifle :rolleyes:

At least on paper (4473, FFL bound books, manufacturing paperwork).

On that basis alone, the Final Rule could be invalidated by courts.

I don't have much faith in Fed Courts being able to smack down the DOJ :rolleyes:
"Able" or "willing"? They absolutely have the power. The Department of Jokers is not the apex.

Ive always looked at braces as the thing you put on there until the stamp clears.
Based on your prognostication I let SBR ing things go for a bit. I have submitted for 5 free stamps and have a couple more to do. Now if this moves past 100 days or so from now, I will not own a brace that is not attached to a gun. I might not own a brace at all. I am hoping to get in before everyone does all theirs. Going to have a pile of 9mm SBRs before this is through.

Based on your prognostication I let SBR ing things go for a bit. I have submitted for 5 free stamps and have a couple more to do. Now if this moves past 100 days or so from now, I will not own a brace that is not attached to a gun. I might not own a brace at all. I am hoping to get in before everyone does all theirs. Going to have a pile of 9mm SBRs before this is through.
Or… don't drop the soap.

It's not just paperwork, it's revealing private information and limiting accessories like sights, flashlights and scopes that can no longer be mounted.

What accessory can't you mount on a registered SBR?

What accessory can't you mount on a registered SBR?
I think he's referring to it being left as a pistol (brace removed/no tax stamp) which may limit what you can mount.

SBR vs Pistol confusion. Haha

Or… don't drop the soap.
Or, nobody says I don't power up ye olde chop saw the day before this amnesty period is up. The SBR stamps come in and they get a stock or they lose the braces. For me the braces are my stopgap. But after approvals come in most will be getting foregrips as well.

I am not messing around but I am stamping things.

I was on the fence about submitting the eform1. Only had 2 that I wanted to sbr. I waited til 1am to submit both eforms. Went pretty well for my first time and @wired was a big help and answered a few newby questions as I was waiting on ATF to get back to me.

I dunno, this probably should be illegal. The multiple assault flashlights dramatically increase the lethality of this weapon of war!

super_tacticool_ar_15__by_futurewgworker_ddss489-400t.jpg

Depending on where this goes. I don't see many manufacturers spending money making barrels for a market that no longer exists. If this kills the sub 16" AR market that is.
Probably limited runs. Still interested to see where this goes with the courts. I think it has the potential to get SBR's off the NFA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top