JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New development and good news for NRA members.

They initially tired to jump on the band wagon, after the fact, with the other 2A advocate organizations that had obtained injunctive relief, but were denied.

They ended up having to file their own lawsuit against the alphabet and injunctive relief under the pistol brace rule was granted a couple days ago (03/29) for all NRA members.

They initially tired to jump on the band wagon, after the fact, with the other 2A advocate organizations that had obtained injunctive relief, but were denied.

They ended up having to file their own lawsuit against the alphabet and injunctive relief under the pistol brace rule was granted a couple days ago (03/29) for all NRA members.

I thought the rule was enjoined for everyone already.

NRA clearly saw that FPC, GOA, and the other one were getting paid new members by saying "if you are a member you don't have to follow the rule". They saw this as a way to make $ and nothing else. That's why there were late to get on the bandwagon. Of course it makes zero difference now because everyone is enjoined already.

Last Edited:
I thought the rule was enjoined for everyone already.

NRA clearly saw that FPC, GOA, and the other one were getting paid new members by saying "if you are a member you don't have to follow the rule". They saw this as a way to make $ and nothing else. That's why there were late to get on the bandwagon. Of course it makes zero difference now.
It is... for the moment.

The deal being that as the various cases progress through the courts, it's possible the fed court ruling out of TX may be overturned... however... the individual and more limited injunctions may still remain in affect.

NRA members now have that "double layer" of protection as well and was simply a status update.

After years of complete mismanagement by Lapierre maybe theyre pulling their heads out.

Last Edited:
Same district court. I expect if the DOJ is appealing the GOA injunction that they'd consolidate the issues on appeal to the 5th circuit.

Does anyone know if the DOJ appealed the GOA injunction? I didn't read either opinion but I suspect that the NRA's suit was on identical grounds and resulting injunction on the same facts legal reasoning. I think we all expect the same results following trial on the merits of each.

After years of complete mismanagement by Lapierre maybe theyre pulling their heads out.
I wouldn't bet on it. Their filing seems pretty much a "me too" action and reading it... they really didn't do that good of a job with it. They didn't even submit an argument under the APA, which is the main reason the other groups were granted the injunction. It really appears their favorable ruling was in large part simply due to a sympathetic judge.

It was the defendants that brought up the APA issue (a mistake to their detriment) and allowed the judge to address it and rule in the NRA's favor on those grounds. Pretty much strengthening the NRA's case for them.

Leadership wise... they were first looking to appoint charlie cotton... who was the jackhole pawn that was approving all of LP's embezzlement spending. On occasion retroactively stamping approvals on months and even year old spending of LP's. I guess that idea got too much backlash so they installed andrew arulanandam. LP's right hand man... so it seems pretty evident he was hand picked to take over where LP left off.

There hasn't been any "cleaning house" of the BOD so... call me a skeptic... but it really appears they are just setting themselves up for "business as usual" and will continue lining their pockets rather than doing much for the "little peoples" 2A rights.

Time will tell, but my initial plan of supporting them for at least a year as a gesture of good faith has gone up in smoke. #NotMe

There were only five reform candidates on the llot and results haven't been announced. Even if Mills has gotten all four reinforcements, that's just the first landing-craft onto the beach at Normandy against a Board of 76. Cleaning BOD house will still be a YEARS long task.

"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But perhaps it is the end of the beginning."--Winston Churchill, on the Battle of Britain

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top