JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys

I've owned quite a few firearms over the past 25 years, but don't remember ever seeing anything like what's pictured below.

I apologize for the lousy phone picture, but hopefully you'll see what I see - serrations (for lack of a better word) in the lands and grooves.

Is it crappy workmanship?

Full size image can be viewed at: webcity.net/barrel2.jpg

barrel2S_zps3ff6e842.jpg

Looks like chatter marks. What kind of pistol? I've never seen anyone run a slide without ball cuts on a frame that doesn't have a full dust cover.

I had a matched set back in the mid 80's, neither had that problem. But the springs were recoil were junk.
Should have kept them, only cost $400 for the set but like many, when needing funds trumps being really happy to have lots of guns....:p

Jim

Did either of yours have extraction issues?

Thanks

I had a matched set back in the mid 80's, neither had that problem. But the springs were recoil were junk.
Should have kept them, only cost $400 for the set but like many, when needing funds trumps being really happy to have lots of guns....:p

Yes, that's what I was getting at, the springs were too weak to extract effectively. The store owner said they were notorious for this but I bought them anyways & liked them when they worked right. I remember one day I was plinkin cans at 100 yds with the one that was the better of the two (not every time but was kickin up dirt right around them regularly).

Same issue - Off to find a spring that's compatible!

Would love for this gun to actually work!

Yes, that's what I was getting at, the springs were too weak to extract effectively. The store owner said they were notorious for this but I bought them anyways & liked them when they worked right. I remember one day I was plinkin cans at 100 yds with the one that was the better of the two (not every time but was kickin up dirt right around them regularly).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top