JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from taking the wife and kids to PIR for the Christmas lights. I was a little disappointed with them. Maybe its because I went early but it seems they've had way more lights in the past.
All in all it was an awesome time though. How often can you drive a vehicle with a 3 year old on your lap trying to steer, open and close the sunroof and mess with the radio. My kids are busy but they are awesome!

I went a couple years ago and was disappointed then, so i'm thinking on taking a pass this year if it's even moreso. The zoo lights apparently are going to be a lot more expensive as well. That leaves the grotto, which I found to be very serene. Maybe we'll go there this year.

Yeah, if anybody goes, leave the fast car with manual transmission at home & drive the automatic...
You're going to be riding the breaks a lot.

Maybe that's a given, but I went once years ago... Even brought helmets for everyone.:s0112:

Yeah, needless to say I had the wrong idea...
In the words of Elie Wiesel, "Never Again"...

The young folks probably wouldn't like the Christmas ships, either. A game-boy would make any Christmas light viewing more tolerable.

Guess I'm old enough that I appreciate low-tech. I don't always have to have hyper stimulation. We do the PIR lights every year, and appreciate them because they are so simple.

Merry Christmas!

WAYNO.

First couple of nights they usually have a few bugs to work out. But like others have said, if you arent concerned about being in a hurry its nice and relaxing. Bring a thermos of hot coffee or cider and some snacks and relax. Put the kids in their PJs etc...
I dont know if people know it or not but the PIR lights are operated every night by groups that are raising funds for their particular non profit group. Softball teams, Boy Scouts etc...
also the management group gives tons of $$ to local charities. you are doing a lot of folks a good turn by taking in the event.
Also they have a night for walkers only which can be fun, and a night for bicycles.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top