JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've got this ludicrous thing…
1656514331271.jpeg
If I'm being honest, I only bought it as I butchered a Saiga Clone shortening the barrel too far and I was unable to open the gas port up enough to get it to reliably cycle low brass. With the can it cycles low brass wonderfully.

Being me, I'm always looking for the next "project". A recent thread about big bore revolvers had me thinking about big bore rifles. Well, one thing I've always been interested in is bolt action 12g shotguns. Especially since savage released the 212. I'm a weirdo, so pumps and semis don't really scratch the itch the same as something quirky like a bolt action 12 gauge would.

Well my noodle is got me thinking that might be a worthy addition now. A bolty big bore, well quasi big bore.

Im looking at either the Turkey model (smooth bore) or just get the rifled model. Not sure, never owned a rifled shotgun before, could be really fun to reload for.
1656514803605.jpeg
Whether shooting subsonic Gucci ammo or custom reloads to factory 300 grain sabotted slugs, through the salvo it could be quite interesting.

I have ZERO need for the longer barrel, so I'd likely SBS it and bring the barrel back some or cut it to legal 18". Likely would kick like a mule, but what's a big bore without some oomph?

Whats youll thoughts on something like this?

I'm thinking you could have your own division in a 3-gun match with all the quirky.

Sounds like a fun project!
The 2 round mag might make that difficult!

I imagine I'll need to practice my reloads!

The 2 round mag might make that difficult!

I imagine I'll need to practice my reloads!
2 Rounds of rifled slugs on long targets.

*drops gun*

Unslings saiga for medium range targets

*drops gun*

Pull pirate blaster for final near side target

*switch to quirked handgun*

2 Rounds of rifled slugs on long targets.

*drops gun*

Unslings saiga for medium range targets

*drops gun*

Pull pirate blaster for final near side target

*switch to quirked handgun*
Still need to get myself a holster for that pirate blaster.

How do you like the salvo? I know that's not the point if this thread but I've been looking for a K model with zero luck for a while. And don't know anyone who owns that can give me much of an opinion

Last Edited:
How do you like the salvo? I know that's not the point if this thread but I've been looking for a K model with zero kick for a while. And don't know anyone who owns that can give me much of an opinion
I'm undecided on it this far. I've only had it on one gun and it's not the best example of its use. I'm hoping something like a Savage bolt 12g might be a better use for its capabilities.

Anyone own a slug gun (rifled shotgun)? How often do you use it and for what reasons?

Anyone load brass 12 gauge shells? Can solids be loaded? Be crazy to load up some sort of lead slug that can be shot through the Salvo.
1657556922788.jpeg 1657557091720.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top