JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, with the new proposed rule coming down the pike for pistol braces, I'm considering permanently attaching my suppressors to my 10.5" barreled ARs. One is a 223, one is a 300 Blackout. These are my first suppressors, and are still in jail. One is a Dead Air Nomad LT, the other is a basic Griffin. I have a few questions...

1. Have folks here done this? What are the issues with doing this?

2. I reload, and from what I've read you should test subsonic rounds without the suppressor attached to make sure they don't tumble and damage the suppressor. What the heck do you do if the can is pinned and welded? My 300 barrel is a Daniel Defense 10.5" with a 1 in 8 twist.

Thanks in advance!

Honest opinion? If you're worried just do a form 1 and have an SBR. You're already in the mix with form 4s so it's not gonna be a big thing. Yes it's an extra $200, however it would spare you from having to sacrifice the tax stamp you already paid for and possibly damaging a many hundred dollar suppressor. And since it'd be permanently attached, you'd pretty much have to treat the complete gun with all nfa rules anyhow. I really see zero upside.

Don't think that's the best idea honestly. I reload subs as well. With sometimes how hard it is to find a bullet you like. You have to use other bullets and test those. When I had a 1/8 twist I had a couple different bullets become unstable that would have smoked my can if it was on the rifle.

You could weld on a barrel extension sleeve adequate length to get you to 16" that your suppressor can slide into. Like the sbx 10/22 barrel. Or just remove the brace if it causes too many points to accrue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top