JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How's everybody doing with them? Been trying for a couple weeks to the early ones with no luck. Hit the water near Redondo, WA at 5:30am today and hooked up with 12 of them right up until the sun was up. Only landed 5 of them (barbless only so they slipped off easily) and we only kept the one that had the hook pop right though the eye. I'd guess 8+ pounds.

How's everybody doing with them? Been trying for a couple weeks to the early ones with no luck. Hit the water near Redondo, WA at 5:30am today and hooked up with 12 of them right up until the sun was up. Only landed 5 of them (barbless only so they slipped off easily) and we only kept the one that had the hook pop right though the eye. I'd guess 8+ pounds.

Wish we had them here on the coast, from what I hear they are fun as **** to fish for!
What kind of lures are you using to catch them?

We use pink 2oz buzzbombs or just the .99cent leadhead skirted jigs. There is a magic hour just as the sun is coming up where I am not kidding we had consecutive fish on each cast. They are very fun. We only do it for fun and release them, i am amazed from the amount of people on shore and in boats that they can even re-populate. I'll post some pics up later and hitting them again tomorrow morning at 430.

We use pink 2oz buzzbombs or just the .99cent leadhead skirted jigs. There is a magic hour just as the sun is coming up where I am not kidding we had consecutive fish on each cast. They are very fun. We only do it for fun and release them, i am amazed from the amount of people on shore and in boats that they can even re-populate. I'll post some pics up later and hitting them again tomorrow morning at 430.

I think I need to take a run up there! Love those buzzbombs!

We use pink 2oz buzzbombs or just the .99cent leadhead skirted jigs. There is a magic hour just as the sun is coming up where I am not kidding we had consecutive fish on each cast.

sounds like sum swarpin! them pinks are fun. do you take a limit or snag and release? honest question, sometimes when they are packed tight like that its hard to get a "legal" hook up. what is it the gills forward, i think?

I guess I spoke too soon, we kept a couple today for tonight for friends to come enjoy on the grill (rub spices, lemon juice, soy sauce, a little brown sugar). That bottom one was a very strong male fighter that I was not sure if I could land or not. He's missing some flesh on the other side from a seal or sea lion. Just a bite out of his side with claw marks. interesting catch....

about snagging, while I can totally seeing this happen on accident all of ours have been set through the jaws. Saltwater fish are more evenly spaced the the rivers where they are packed tight. They come in small packs (a few dozen?) at a time and when one of my buddies has one on, I usually do too. We can even see them smack the jigs in the shallows just offshore over the side of the boat especially with polarized glasses..

pinks.jpg

No, a boat only helps. I've been seeing people catch them right off docks and piers or even just right off the beach like crazy. Honestly all you need is a pink buzzbomb or a skirted jig, throw it out along the sound's shores and reel it in slowly and work the action and I'm betting you'll catch some. The run is past the peak by maybe a day but still going strong so get out there!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top