JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can you pin and weld a muzzle device to a shotgun to remove barrel length but retain 18"?

Never heard of it being done on a shotgun, so figured I would ask.

Yes. Others will also chip in. You follow the same routine as adding drilled blind pined welded and smoothed rifle flash hiders? The thinner shotgun barrel material would prove a challenge. The whole point and process being you do not want that extension to fall off.

I'm sure the BATFE can also answer your questions.

Edited extra more thoughts. Multiple pins drilled shallow? No pins? High temp silver sodder? Split muzzle shotgun barrels I am sure can be reclaimed but I for one am now not exactly sure the proper legal and safe procedure to do so. Perhaps talk to a good gunsmith?

Last Edited:
Just the thought of the process, Reno, sounds challenging for a clean/effective job.
I'm thinking if pinned, Yikes, what a chore.

I'm not dedicated to this idea. Just the thought of a 19" barrel with a 3" brake on it seems silly. Cut back 4" and pin it to get 18" or a little over. Done.

What muzzle device are you wanting to use? And why?
Not entirely certain. Wasn't even sure it was a thing that could be done on a shotgun.

Id rather have something short and legal like this.
1582758850768.jpeg
Over this long arse thing!
1582759013619.jpeg

@Reno I know some ideas don't need a specific "why" behind them but a muzzle brake.....on a shotgun.....that you want pay to have cut and installed.......

@Reno I know some ideas don't need a specific "why" behind them but a muzzle brake.....on a shotgun.....that you want pay to have cut and installed.......
Just running ideas around. Lol. Didn't even expect to own another Saiga style type shotgun. Especially since I only paid $350 for it. Not entirely sure if I want to drop the $200 for the stamp and extra to have a smith perform even more work $.
would it be THAT much cheaper to have a guy do the work than just gettin a stamp for it?
I wouldn't think it would cost more than $200 for the work, the brake itself... No comment.

Just running ideas around. Lol. Didn't even expect to own another Saiga style type shotgun. Especially since I only paid $350 for it. Not entirely sure if I want to drop the $200 for the stamp and extra to have a smith perform even more work $.

I wouldn't think it would cost more than $200 for the work, the brake itself... No comment.

A $350 Saiga clone/knockoff? I wouldn't put anything more into it than shells. Just me though.

My thoughts were if you could get into a shotgun cheap enough, spend the 200 bucks to have a short barrel shotgun it can be as short as you want and put whatever you want on it :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top