Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pimp My 10/22!!!

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by CastleFox, May 29, 2009.

1. CastleFox

CastleFox Gone New Member

I'll check it out.

2. PeakResources

PeakResources Portland (past) Colorado (now) Member

Check out rimfirecentral... that's where I got a bunch of ideas for my 10/22. Check out their ultimates thread for pictures; there are as many ways to build a 10/22 as there are owners. Also, there are a number of people selling new / used parts there; you can get some of them for more reasonable prices than new.

For me, I initially built a side-folder, but ended up not liking it and changed to a laminate thumbhole (came unfinished -- I slightly reshaped, then stained and finished) with a stainless barrel, and lots of volquartsen parts internally. I also got the right nylon for the bolt buffer (and have lots left over if you want a piece).

3. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

+1 on rimfire central. Great site.

What nylon buffer did you decide on?

4. hyperparasite

hyperparasite Hillsboro, OR Member

5. CastleFox

Awesome! Thanks for all the info! I'll be working on it as money comes in.

6. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

Yo CastleFox,

I've built a few 10/22's, and have found that the possibilities are 'endless', and 'continuing'.

You will never build the 'perfect' gun, because 'perfect' changes about a week after it's 'finished'. It will happen as you are surfing the 10/22 web sites and find something new. :D

This to me, is a big part of the fun!

Anyway, I have a stainless bull barrel (painted satin black) that you might be interested in to start. Check out the classified or PM me.

Frog.

7. hntn&fshn

hntn&fshn Boring Member

OK, here is my 10/22 project - not much Ruger left....

8. CastleFox

SWEET! This is what I'm talking about!

9. MacBookProAR

MacBookProAR Stayton Member

I really like the look of the Nordic kits, but how do they attach to the upper receiver? Are the optics on top secure enough and consistent enough to remain zeroed?

10. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

RatAttackTack005.jpg

If the wife knew how much I actually had into this little gem, she would scream for days. :bluelaugh: :laugh: :winkkiss:

The ONLY parts that are original Ruger are the receiver, and the trigger guard housing. Every pin, spring, and part have been replaced with aftermarket goodies. She runs like a dream and shoots like you wouldn't believe.

I owe it all to RimfireCentral.com. :thumbup:

Ruger 10/22. A rifle you can easily (and I mean easily) put $1000 or more into and STILL want to buy/change something else.. LMAO

11. hntn&fshn

hntn&fshn Boring Member

I used an RB Precision set up. The receiver is attached with the stock bolt. I am using a S.P.O.T scope and I really like how quick I can acquire a target with it. It is very accurate out to about 75 yards and it stays right on target.
    I'll ditto that. I don't really want to say how much I have in this project (wife might take a peek at this site ;)) but I am approaching your stated figure above - NOT including the silencer costs; which with cost of unit, then the Fed fee, then the gunsmithing fees for the barrel, Is well over $600 in addition to the rifle build :nuts: I don't really consider all of the supp costs when I calculate the 10/22 project since I use it on the Ruger and the P22. P1040722.jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  12. MacBookProAR

MacBookProAR Stayton Member

I really like the digital camo pattern on your p22. What did that cost/and where did you get it done?

13. CastleFox

WOW! Sweet 22! I can only Imagen! My wife thinks $200 is too much for a gun. LOL That's why I have a couple 22s. "Honey, they are cheap to shoot!"

14. CastleFox

P22? What P22? LOL :laugh: Nice Camo Job!
    Mine is just plain old OD. But I do like my TEC 22!

15. CastleFox

This is my latest "Pimped" 22.

3606044053_59cd386356_o.jpg

16. Rugerbub

Rugerbub OREGON Member

All those guns r truly works of art

17. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

looks like a bunch of skeeters parts is that a tph bbl?

18. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

The complete trigger guard /internals came tuned by Skeeter himself! The barrel is Green Mountain fluted bull, soon to be replaced by a threaded Lilja so I can utilize a suppressor in the future. :cool:

19. krawl

krawl Oregon Member

My vote goes to the Nordic kit. Love mine.