JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, the ranchers charge a fee to trespass (hunt) their land. You will be hard pressed to find feral pigs on public land.

In Oregon it's illegal to charge for "feral pig hunts" so I don't know if this would fly or not. Agreed that they're thankfully scarce around here though.

In my experience ranchers don't let strangers hunt their land because of the risk that one or more turns out to be a dangerous idiot.

Isn't that in Texas?

Austin has some of the most beautiful progressive girls!

In my experience ranchers don't let strangers hunt their land because of the risk that one or more turns out to be a dangerous idiot.

In my experience it is because jerks leave gates open, cut locks off, go into places they aren't permitted, tear up fences, tear up pastures, leave trash, etc.

In Oregon it's illegal to charge for "feral pig hunts" so I don't know if this would fly or not. Agreed that they're thankfully scarce around here though.

They aren't charging to hunt pigs, they are charging a trespass fee. It's just a loophole.

i hunted at what was clover creek and what i now believe has been re-named four aces. it was an ok hunt. lots of animals but the staff was not really sure what was going on. I hope that with the new name came new management and staff. beautiful area though

have not found any local areas to really hunt ferral pigs unfortunatly. sorry for the thread jack

i hunted at what was clover creek and what i now believe has been re-named four aces....

have not found any local areas to really hunt ferral pigs unfortunatly. sorry for the thread jack

Its fine ... I started to email the four aces ranch .. Good to know about the staff

If 4 Aces is the place I'm thinking of, I was there with my brother a few years ago to shoot a tame bison. They also had a yak you could shoot named Oreo. They wanted $10,000 for it. There were pigs running around that the ranch had bought from local farmers. They charge a ton of money to shoot someone's pig. I threw some pieces of a granola bar on the ground and they ran right up to me. Almost caught one with my bare hands.

The kid who shot one with his bow then posed for pictures with his trophy didn't much care for my antics. He made a nice shot, though.

P

Last Edited:
If 4 Aces is the place I'm thinking of, I was there with my brother a few years ago to shoot a tame bison. They also had a yak you could shoot named Oreo. They wanted $10,000 for it. There were pigs running around that the ranch had bought from local farmers. They charge a ton of money to shoot someone's pig. I threw some pieces of a granola bar on the ground and they ran right up to me.

And now, my friends, we may just have a legit ethics topic.

Oh ... I would be ok with paying for land access as long as it not out ragouse... I just have no idea where i would start with gaining access to hunt pigs on private land ...
no pig problem here...
start with educating yourself about the hunting practices involved and use google to find a guide in an area where pigs are a problem. Pigs are a problem on farmland in the south, and hunts are conducted to reduce the damage from the pigs. I think you might watch a little too much TV if you think pig are a problem locally.

I haven't read the other comments so this may be redundant but I am told that if you go to central eastern OR they are a nuisance and if you go to the local small town bar and ask around it's likely you will be invited to private land to hunt wild boar that are destroying people's gardens and property. I was also told they prefer small hunting groups over individuals.
The only thing I'll add is that that info is about 4 yrs old.

I haven't read the other comments so this may be redundant but I am told that if you go to central eastern OR they are a nuisance and if you go to the local small town bar and ask around it's likely you will be invited to private land to hunt wild boar that are destroying people's gardens and property. I was also told they prefer small hunting groups over individuals.
The only thing I'll add is that that info is about 4 yrs old.

Now we are getting somewhere

Now we are getting somewhere
Since I sparked your interest I'll tell you all I know about it. A guy I work with went years ago and what he basically told me I told you. I think John Day was one of the towns he mentioned and he said that the boar will usually go into vegetated ravines for food and water. He said you go with a group and split the kill. I don't recall if he said to include the landowners in the split.
It seemed a little precarious to me but he said that you surround the boar because they are mean, will attack and you don't know what direction they'll attack. Hunters in a circle shooting at the center reminds me of an old firing squad joke I once heard. He hinted that the landowners usually don't like lone hunters as they are more likely to get hurt especially from a sneak attack by the boar. Liabilities etc.
I think I'll be seeing him on a job Monday. I'll ask about updates.

pulling-my-leg.jpg
Yer leg got pulled.

Last Edited:
I have a good friend moving to Texas I expect him to sniff out some good swine hunting opportunities for us. It is something I have wanted to do for awhile now. Canned hunts hold no appeal for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top