JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
thought I'd share my recently-finished project. Last winter a fellow sent me an old Pietta 1851/44 C&B revolver 'just to see what I would do with it.' What I did with it was to remove the loading-lever, shorten the barrel to 3-1/2" and re-contour it to resemble the 'Avenging Angel' belly-guns favored by early Mormons. I wanted a more compact grip but I'd already done several birds-heads, so I reshaped the grip-frame to be similar to an 1848 Pocket. I installed a gated Kirst Konverter; this required a shim to get the breech-ring to fit properly, but no fault to Kirst; specs change over the years and this was a pretty old gun. I finished it off with a post front sight.

The load I'm using is a 200gr. LRNFP over 9 grains of Unique. Accuracy is good and while recoil is sharp-ish the re-shaped handle manages it well. The gun shoots at least as well as I do and patterns well with a six-o'clock hold. Pretty happy with this build!
OT2ELra.jpg
a9zxgEn.jpg
W36OP2o.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR