Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pierce County Sheriff and form 4's

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Grommit327, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

I just moved to the area and am planning my first suppressor purchase. Anybody know whether the PCSO is copacetic with this or am I required to go the trust route? I have also seen a couple rumors around the net that the alphabet agency is accepting form 4's without the sheriff sign off being completed and processing them...might be just internet rumors though

2. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

I don't know about your sheriff, but you will still need signoff on an individual Form 4. There has been talk for the last several years about the CLEO signoff going away and while we haven't gotten there yet, we are getting closer.
    There are additional advantages to a trust other than bypassing the signoff, such as multiple people allowed to be in possession of the NFA item. I went the trust route even though my CLEO will sign.

3. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

I've thought about the trust route but honestly it would only be useful as a signature workaround for me. I don't have anybody else that I would want listed on it. I've been searching the net but so far haven't found an answer anywhere...guess I need to go straight to the horses mouth so to speak

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Even if you can get an LEO sign off I highly suggest going the trust route. You can have more people in legal possession of the items then just you.

5. Ryo

Ryo WA Member

Why not call them and just ask.

6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Not in Pierce county any more,but I wouldn't deal with the PCS any more than I had to.
    Call them and ask would probably put you on a list.