JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just moved to the area and am planning my first suppressor purchase. Anybody know whether the PCSO is copacetic with this or am I required to go the trust route? I have also seen a couple rumors around the net that the alphabet agency is accepting form 4's without the sheriff sign off being completed and processing them...might be just internet rumors though

I don't know about your sheriff, but you will still need signoff on an individual Form 4. There has been talk for the last several years about the CLEO signoff going away and while we haven't gotten there yet, we are getting closer.
There are additional advantages to a trust other than bypassing the signoff, such as multiple people allowed to be in possession of the NFA item. I went the trust route even though my CLEO will sign.

I don't know about your sheriff, but you will still need signoff on an individual Form 4. There has been talk for the last several years about the CLEO signoff going away and while we haven't gotten there yet, we are getting closer.
There are additional advantages to a trust other than bypassing the signoff, such as multiple people allowed to be in possession of the NFA item. I went the trust route even though my CLEO will sign.

I've thought about the trust route but honestly it would only be useful as a signature workaround for me. I don't have anybody else that I would want listed on it. I've been searching the net but so far haven't found an answer anywhere...guess I need to go straight to the horses mouth so to speak

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top