JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I wanted to post a question here since Joe hasn't answered my multiple messages and/or requests for information.

First off, I really like the site. The members here are helpful, polite, humorous and more. I also like the pictures of all the various firearms here.

I've been told that this is a family friendly community and environment and thus, no pics of girls with bikini's are allowed, which is fine.

However showing pictures of dead animals doesn't seem "family friendly" to me and upon inquiring about the parameters of what family friendly pictures are from Joe, I got nothing but silence unfortunately. Perhaps he is too busy or is simply ignoring me, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and will believe it's the former rather than the latter.

If we are to not allow pictures of girls in bikinis because they aren't family friendly I think it's reasonable and can it can be logically argued that pictures showing dead animals are also equally non-family friendly.

I may be part of a small minority here, does this mean that my request will be ignored in favor of the majority? If so, does this apply to everything or only certain things as a select groups of individuals see fit? A seemingly semi-dictatorship if you will.

I don't have any answers or insight to this, which is the reason why I'm posting. Again, I think it is reasonable and fair to treat pictures of dead animals As equally as picture of girls in bikinis and remove and/or restrict them since they are also not family friendly and are inappropriate.

Thoughts? Please understand I'm not trying to offend anyone, but more to simply inquire, put forth a reasonable argument and request, and undertand. Thanks for listening and giving me your input everyone.

Semper Fi

ROFLMAO
YOU are on a forum that most of the people are hunters.
Also I don't believe its like the government where the minority wins. Also do not believe its a democracy. Its a private enterprise that has an owner, not a governor...
:D

A lot of folks are proud of their hunts and especially their son or daughters first deer, elk, antelope, bighorn, or what ever thy hunt and enjoy showing others.
This is not PETA, or HSUS, and many folks actually despise them. Its anti hunting people that come on with questions like yours. It wont win ya points here for sure, and
I will return the Semper Fi
But out of courtesy, not because of your post.

Last Edited:
This is a shooting and hunting site. Lots of subjects to cover under the two biggies.
Participants are youngsters and oldsters, boys and girls, and some in-betweens.
Works best to refrain from cussing and airing out old sea stories.
If someone gets under my skin, I can click on their icon, then click ignore.
Magic! No longer see their inflammations.
Semper Fi back atcha!

This is a shooting and hunting site. Lots of subjects to cover under the two biggies.
Participants are youngsters and oldsters, boys and girls, and some in-betweens.
Works best to refrain from cussing and airing out old sea stories.
If someone gets under my skin, I can click on their icon, then click ignore.
Magic! No longer see their inflammations.
Semper Fi back atcha!

Didn't think to tell them that, but yes that ignore button is the best solution short of finding a new forum.
There are a LOT of hardcore hunters here.

There are dead animal pics here.
Not road-kill, or the neighbor's pet.
I mean it's "HUNTING SEASON!" Heeerre Bambi, come out with you're antlers waving!
If an animal leftie trolls here, they will be offended. Same for anti-gun trolls.
"I think it is reasonable and fair to treat pictures of dead animals As equally as picture of girls in bikinis and remove and/or restrict them since they are also not family friendly and are inappropriate."
Are you really worried about offending, or are you looking for free entertainment?
Just asking
Semper Gumby

I may be part of a small minority here, does this mean that my request will be ignored in favor of the majority? If so, does this apply to everything or only certain things as a select groups of individuals see fit? A seemingly semi-dictatorship if you will.

Reread your original post again..

UHHHHH yeah pretty much that.
It is not a state, country or city. Joe owns it and he does what he wants and can do, and pretty much from what I see runs the forum very well and to the majority's liking.
So yeah he can be a dictatorship if he wants to.
It does not affect the nation, just his forum and the entry and exit gate is pretty well open I believe :)

But yes, you can do a couple things on your end. Hit ignore buttons or set up the parental controls on your computer, which may end up censoring the forum, but its a viable solution :) Or use the ignore button when you cone across member posts you disagree with.

Seriously?...
You want large number of members that hunt, to post pictures of their deer before they shoot it?
How's about after it's cooked?

Exactly what was the avatar you had denied due to it's content? Seems like that's what really has gotten your panties in a twist.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. Now to address the individual posters

Taku and Rick Benjamin: You're both absolutely right, I can hit the ignore button and that would solve the issue immediately and this would likely be the most efficient action I can conduct on my end. It's a simple solution and I thank you for the suggestion. :)

Taku: Another excellent point you make is that this is a private enterprise. Thus, within the confines of this forum, anything to the liking of the owner can be done, whether it suits the majority or minority. That's the great thing about being the single owner of something, you can do whatever you want! :D

Rick Benjamin. When I discovered the bikini pic was prohibited because it was not family friendly I started to wonder what were the boundaries and parameters for things that would be considered offensive. So to answer your question, neither "worrying about offending" nor "looking for entertainment was on my mind beforehand." Again, it was simply an inquiry for more information on the parameters utilized to prohibit material.

Semper Fi to both of you, I appreciate your response and the effort you put to make them polite and informative. I will also take your recommendations as they are easy solutions which I can immediately implement. :)

albin25: To answer your question, the picture was of a girl in a very skimpy bikini and I can understand why it was restricted although it is something you would see on the beaches of Miami often. Type in "micro bikini" and you will find swimsuits similar to that of the original content I posted.

As for saying it my avatar, that is information I did not give. I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion. Perhaps someone told you or you made the assumption. Interesting.

ALL: Thank you again for the responses, again I did not intend to offend anyone and this was a simple informational inquiry put out the many good individuals on this forum, which is why I prefaced it the way I did. If I did offend anyone I apologize. I appreciate the input and will put your recommendations of hitting the "ignore" button to good use.

Also, for the record, I also hate the lunatics at PETA and am happy to see that although we as members may have different a viewpoint on this issues we can be all be cordial toward each other, help each other out and be friends so to speak.

Semper Fi

It's easy PatMarine.... Your former avatar was a photo of gorgeous female body in a bikini with barely-almost areola sized pasties covering her (IMO nearly perfectly formed) fun-bags, and unless you're a teenaged serial killer in training you won't be buffing yourself to cyber screenshots of others' hunting harvests, nor contributing to an unhealthy attitude of objectifying our daughters (as gorgeous as some of them are) as meat-sacks for male gratification that's epidemic in our oversexed society. Clear? ;)

Last Edited:
" As for saying it (was because of ?) my avatar, that is information I did not give. I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion. "

Simple ... by reading your previous posts.

My solution for trollers that are looking to start a frickin war over a web site they CHOSE to join is to put them on ignore
PS I find it hard to believe that a USMC, Member Of would be such a pantie waist, or being that would not already know to save it for the Padre. I know that all the 1000's of Marines I trained, even the ones trying to find their 'manhood', had learned such by their 12th week

Stomper: Excellent point about the objectification part. I should have thought about that particular point more deeply. Thank you for pointing that out.

erudne: I wasn't looking to start a war, I was simply asking for input and information (which I said several times). Also, I already indirectly agreed to the point you made - each person freely chooses to use this forum and thus must follow the rules whatever they may be. In short, I already end noted the excellent point that "If I don't like it, I can take my @$$ out the door anytime." Again I already agreed with the first point you made and also agree that it probably would've caused less friction to "save it for the Padre." Perhaps you didn't read my post before when I agreed with all this.

Well, I for one, have no problem with pretty ladies... just sayin

bikini_05.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top