JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0098-L.jpg

I like absolutely everything about that Honda. What model is it? XL600-ish?

Sent from a phone; typos likely

Purchased by my parents in 1962, refurbished by me a couple of years ago.

An original Schwinn "Bicycle Built for Two".

wz6w.jpg

As far as motorized bikes I was on off-road/trail rider. My hopped-up '75 Honda XL250 gave me many miles of off road pleasure. As far as I'm concerned, in this day and age, riding is just asking for pain and suffering.

Mike

Straight up, the hayabusa is incredibly fast. The throttle response is very precise and doesn't take much to get it going. The speedo goes up to 185mph and I've seen past that, but I've read that the speedometer isn't very precise at those speeds. It comes from the factory with a timing retarder, I have the retarder eliminator but haven't installed it yet. I need to hook that up and get a GPS speedometer on it and really see what it can do, it's supposed to be able to break 200mph with the eliminator. A friend of mine that got me into motorcycles and I have agreed that bikes get scary around 150-160 anything past that is pretty terrifying.

FWIW Dept.....

It was tested when the hype about it being able to hit 200 "right out of the box". To get to the 200 mark you'll need to remove about 1/2 qt of oil. The pressure build up in the case at those speeds creates added pressure internally not allowing the engine to operate efficiently. Reducing the pressure (removing some oil) will help you to reach the 200+ mark.

But you probably know that already. :buttrock:

I've had several bikes in my life:

1979 Honda xl125s
1983 Yamaha yz125
1981 Honda cm450e
1984 Honda v45 magna

And then the quads:

1984 Suzuki lt185
1985 Suzuki lt230s
1990 Honda trx300fw 4x4
1996 Yamaha Warrior 350
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700r

rappy.jpg

rappy.jpg

1975 Yamaha XS650.
Might as well put it out here since I'm not getting any useful results on CL - I'm looking for a second gas tank, same model and year, dual petcocks and center mount gas cap. No dents please, I want to paint the tins various colors until I settle on what I like.
Thanks in advance for any leads.
NFWA600_zpscc843455.jpg

I think I'm having a mid life crisis, really have been having the urge to ride again, kids are grown and now I looking at every Harley on the road, what to do...
I can't answer that for you but after about 30 years in the saddle I finally 'hung up my chaps' a couple years ago - and at an approximate age when some are just starting to ride.

I think I'm having a mid life crisis, really have been having the urge to ride again, kids are grown and now I looking at every Harley on the road, what to do...

I've quit every vice there is. Yet I remain hopelessly hooked on motorcycles, and I have no excuse. But for anyone not riding and thinking about starting (again), it's way different now than it was 10-20-30 years ago.

"Dude, can I call you back? There's a motorcycle guy on my windshield and he looks pissed!"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top