JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't like it, but I appreciate you posting it. Apart from the KA-Boom that obviously took place, can you tell us the story? Remember, if you can recall a good deal back, that I was in the next bay from a guy shooting his dad's 1917 Colt revolver when it came part and killed his cousin, standing next to him. A compressed load of a around 20gr of Bullseye will do that to an older gun.

I don't like it, but I appreciate you posting it. Apart from the KA-Boom that obviously took place, can you tell us the story? Remember, if you can recall a good deal back, that I was in the next bay from a guy shooting his dad's 1917 Colt revolver when it came part and killed his cousin, standing next to him. A compressed load of a around 20gr of Bullseye will do that to an older gun.

I have no further info. I provided the link to a blurb which asks for more info.

It looks to me like two rounds went off at the same time.

Normally I wouldn't post a ka-boom pic as there are so many - but this one seems unusual to me even for a kaboom.

It looks to me like two rounds went off at the same time.

Yup, sympathetic detonation, it's called, I'm told.

Well, it happens with a loose load - this here is a Euroarms R&S that was loaded with 24gr of nitro something, probably 2400, judging by what was in the other chambers and cleared out. The guy next to this puppy was badly injured, but the ****wit who was shooting it was unscathed. sympatheic

1564936415185.png

Me, too. But nevertheless is DOES happen, like in the one and only KA-Boom I know about personally, since it occurred in the bay next to us. A six-shot revolver had the actual firing chamber let go, and one on each side- just like the image you showed us.. It MAY have been from fragments of what was surely a detonation, and not a conflagration. A compressed load of around 20 - 24gr of Bullseye did the biz in my case. The shooter had been loading .223 Rem the evening before, it seems, and had forgotten to check the meter setting....we tried to stop the victim from dying, but it's very hard to put a tourniquet on the neck.

...and finally, another old pirate gun...an 1837 Cutlass Pistol...

1565761391219.png

...and another take on the Cutlass pistol...

1565761492222.png

...look back by the hilt, see the barrel? There's another one on the other side of the blade, too...

1565761537690.png

To be clear tac is talking about "kit"
As in a piece of your kit ...items that you use and carry...not a Kit gun....that was made by someone at home at their work bench

I've quit calling it a kit gun , cause that term causes too much confusion....I have however seen period references to it as a pocket pistol...so I stick with that
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads