JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So after taking a closer look....
The flintlock has a safety latch behind the hammer...also the frizzen is covered with a leather tab.
The safety latch is neat...and not often found on replica locks.
The tab is meant as a "safety" to prevent the flint from striking the frizzen.
This seems to me at least , signs of a working , as in fireable flintlock muzzle loader.

if you look at the barrel there are two lugs near the stock..those are for locking into the swivel , which is mounted on the wall or boat.
Wall guns / swivel guns were often oversized...they tended to shoot .80 caliber or larger round ball or shot.

It appears to me at least , after a second look...
like a swivel gun that has been re-stocked...again not sure what the 'Claw" thing is on top of the barrel , near the fore end.
Andy
Pretty good assessment.
I was gonna say, with that big sling on it, it could be an early form of what was called a Moutain Gun.
But a wall/swivel gun also makes sense.

Saw this for sale on gunprime
E3E01EFC-18BE-4B82-88DB-356730910716.png

"Standard Manufacturing"? Clearly High Standard fell from their glory days
They make some real bubblegume. They have the volley fire two barrel thing (thunderstruck I think it's called maybe) which is one of the worst gun designs ever made Imo, right after the zip 22, which was also an abomination made by them. Utter bubblegume imo.

I knew someone that has a .308 version. He let me fire it a couple of times. meh.
Yeah I think it's neat that they have slap on "uppers" for the 1911.

Maybe with enough money and the right connections ….. can find or get made any cartridge. Wouldn't mind having.50 Beowulf as range bling.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top