JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Members,

I've been trying to put up a classified ad for my SCAR 16S for the last few days, but when I try to upload pictures it keeps telling me the file size is too big.

I already compressed the original file size from 14MB to 160KB (which is an exponential decrease) and it still says the file is too big even at 160KB. I'm having difficulty compressing it any further (it's already at 1% of it's original size/quality).

What is the file size limit for this site, specifically the classified section? Just as an FYI, the original pics were taken with a Nikon D7200 with a Nikkor 18-140mm 1:3.5-5.6G lens. Can someone please enlighten and help me out? Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

If you have a smart phone use that to take the pic and they upload no problem and have good resolution.

Also it may not just be the file size in bytes, it could be the width and high pixel ratio are too large.

I'm not an admin or mod though so that's the best I have.

If you have a smart phone use that to take the pic and they upload no problem and have good resolution.

Also it may not just be the file size in bytes, it could be the width and high pixel ratio are too large.

I'm not an admin or mod though so that's the best I have.

Thanks Joe, I appreciate all the assistance.

+1 on the smart phone. Never had a problem with those pics. I usually email them to myself, download onto my laptop and then upload them to the forum from there. Hope that helps.

I think there is an approximate 9mb limit on the file size.

Smart phone HD pics work unless they are Panorama shots which have a much larger file size.

You can run your pics through MS Paint if no other editor is available and use that program to resize the image, then do a Save-As

I take photos with my digital camera and pull the SD card, plug it into the computer slot and put it straight on to the site. No resizing. :s0092:

I use the free image handler Irfanview sometimes to re-size giant image files that are coming from my camera.

Here's a screen capture of Irfanview, a giant pic and my re-size dialog box.
You can see the original size and I'll usually re-size to 640 x 480 or 800 x 600.
This one was sent directly to my Gadwin Capture which auto re-sizes (I stole the sample image from Google).
(it knocked it down to 1407 x 835 142KB)
And looks like the forum software knocked it down again so the thread doesn't get blown up by the over-size pic.
Noveske.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads