JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you have pictures Front & Back of your ID's and Permit(s) saved to your Smartphone?

• Total voters
I know many numbers. An image is always good, MANY TIMES when I forgot my wallet and needed "Clearance" immediately.
The CPL/CHL has a number. That "number" is referenced to YOU, my friend. Not easy to forge.

This is the part that concerns me -- set aside whether these are easy to fake, I should have left that out as it is a side issue. I don't know whether the statute means you must carry the piece of paper ("immediate possession" part) or whether a picture of it is OK: WA specific: RCW 9.41.050: Carrying firearms.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. ...

If I was a LEO or anyone in the position of requesting official ID, I would be wary of any digital copy or representation versus the actual ID. You know, Photoshop.....

I'm sure cops have access through DMV and DOL to pull the info and cross reference. I don't see the fuss.
The ID you carry is number and picture reference for Pass-Go anyway.
I DO know Photoshop!!

Last Edited:
I'm sure cops have access through DMV and DOL to pull the info and cross reference. I don't see the fuss.
The ID you carry is number and picture reference for Pass-Go anyway.
I DO know Photoshop!!

The fuss is this: the statute says you need to have your license in your "immediate possession". The question is whether you want to be the test case for whether a digital photo of the license is the same as actually having the original license in your immediate possession.

If you ever want to bang your head against something rigid, irrational, and dangerous, you won't find anything much better than the law. Worse, it can cost you money, rights, and freedoms.

No way.
I've forgotten my wallet before and been pulled over although I wasn't carrying.
If I did I would just lock my pistol in the glove box or something.
When I've forgotten my wallet before I told the LEO I forgot it and just gave them my number, SSN, etc and they had no issue.

I wouldn't take photos of my ID on my phone.
Anything I keep on my phone I just assume someone else either can get to easily or already has

Everyone supposedly has unique finger prints right? So, when is the GOV going to get over it and just stop requiring the old school B.S. of needing the document, IE the drivers license or cpl card etc.

They can in most cases access a data base and pull up every bit of info about you instantly in some form. Just connect a fingerprint reader carried by the LEO to that data base and viola instant full info on you including any cpl data. NO MORE cards needing to be carried of any form.

Second method: facial recognition. Same result. Camera + your face = instant data base dump of all state info instantly and the camera also updates the state photo array on file for you, a finger print scan could be added for verification.

You are in most cases not going to forge your finger prints or your face. Cards? yup those can be forged.

NO MORE CARDS.....

I know many numbers. An image is always good, MANY TIMES when I forgot my wallet and needed "Clearance" immediately.
The CPL/CHL has a number. That "number" is referenced to YOU, my friend. Not easy to forge.

This is why I keep it with me too. I have no doubt it would not be to "the letter of the law" but, it would give an LEO a reference to use. They as far as I know all have a computer with them now. No longer have to rely of radio or phone. Would one cite me? Maybe. Would they say, hey try to keep it with you? VERY likely. To me it's nothing to lose on my part. I of course try not to walk out without wallet but have a couple times done so. When not at work I have a hat I wear with a pocket. Keep some cash, and a CC in there. Has saved me a few times when I ran to the store and after picking up stuff remember the wallet is still home.
As for security it's a mater of what makes people "feel better" with no basis in fact. All your info is on line even if you choose to not use online for anything. Phones are 100's of times safer than a wallet. Lose your wallet nothing in there is secured. A phone is super easy to secure to the point its many K times the security if you lose that. I do not use my phone in public WiFi if I am looking at something secure but once I turn that off it's just the same as my PC at home to me. Again though it's all a matter of feelings to many. Nothing wrong with choosing to not use "Tech" but, unless people choose to live off the grid everything about them is floating around on line, whether they use it or not.

Everyone supposedly has unique finger prints right? So, when is the GOV going to get over it and just stop requiring the old school B.S. of needing the document, IE the drivers license or cpl card etc.

They can in most cases access a data base and pull up every bit of info about you instantly in some form. Just connect a fingerprint reader carried by the LEO to that data base and viola instant full info on you including any cpl data. NO MORE cards needing to be carried of any form.

Second method: facial recognition. Same result. Camera + your face = instant data base dump of all state info instantly and the camera also updates the state photo array on file for you, a finger print scan could be added for verification.

You are in most cases not going to forge your finger prints or your face. Cards? yup those can be forged.

NO MORE CARDS.....
The main reason most agencies will not do this is the people who would be instantly paranoid about it. Many "feel" secure that they have to show a card and would rebel greatly if told they no longer need it. I have not yet tried it but there have long been pay for stuff services that just use your phone. Even many vending machines offer it now. When people show that "card" all they are doing is letting the person access the info on the net that is already there anyway but, many feel better having to show the card. So most places just leave it as is for now.

If I was a LEO or anyone in the position of requesting official ID, I would be wary of any digital copy or representation versus the actual ID. You know, Photoshop.....

Ditto. I have no idea if a LEO would accept it or not. I know if someone was trying to buy a gun from my FFL and that was their ID, they'd be cordially invited to leave until they had the real thing, because there is no way in hell I'd accept that as valid.

As to the question, no. I always carry my wallet and I don't want that on my smartphone. Not to mention there is virtually no police presence in the area I'm normally in.

As a rule, I ALWAYS carry my wallet, and it contains my DL and CPL.

Reading here, claims are that they NEVER left their abode, got a long distance from home, heading to an appointment, running late or similar, then realized they forgot their wallet, and were carrying concealed, and thought "OOPS", and they did not continue on situation normal, I CALL BS.

Carrying concealed without your permit on your person is against the law.

I've been in this situation several times over the years, due to being in a rush, leaving my wallet (which is (normally)
ALWAYS in the inside pocket of my jacket.) on my desk due to buying something online.

I don't break the law, knowingly, on purpose.
I'm among Saints better than I, and I smell Rosie sheit!!!!!

As a rule, I ALWAYS carry my wallet, and it contains my DL and CPL.

Reading here, claims are that they NEVER left their abode, got a long distance from home, heading to an appointment, running late or similar, then realized they forgot their wallet, and were carrying concealed, and thought "OOPS", and they did not continue on situation normal, I CALL BS.

Carrying concealed without your permit on your person is against the law.

I've been in this situation several times over the years, due to being in a rush, leaving my wallet (which is (normally)
ALWAYS in the inside pocket of my jacket.) on my desk due to buying something online.

I don't break the law, knowingly, on purpose.
I'm among Saints better than I, and I smell Rosie sheit!!!!!
I have a few times ended up down the road or even at some store only to find I do of course have my phone and my carry piece but, no DAMN WALLET! It would of course depend on the Cop if you get stopped but, I suspect your attitude and body language would go a long way to it being a nothing. They all can run your info now. Surely any Cop knows everyone has walked out the door without their wallet a time or two. Hope to not put it to the test but I doubt it would be any big deal as long as the person did not start in with attitude to the Cop.

I have a few times ended up down the road or even at some store only to find I do of course have my phone and my carry piece but, no DAMN WALLET! It would of course depend on the Cop if you get stopped but, I suspect your attitude and body language would go a long way to it being a nothing. They all can run your info now. Surely any Cop knows everyone has walked out the door without their wallet a time or two. Hope to not put it to the test but I doubt it would be any big deal as long as the person did not start in with attitude to the Cop.
+1 Man-Up:s0094:

I don't know enough about electronics to make an informed decision but I will not use cloud and I will not put anything that has to do with finances on my phone.

I'd prefer her not to have a leash but some people close to me think that I need to stay connected (monitored).
It's a leash that just so happens to be able to call life alert...:p

Call it all you want; you're still wrong. I've never carried concealed without my license and I honestly can't remember a time I ever forgot my wallet in adulthood. Other articles, sure, but wallet and keys are second nature.

I don't use mine for anything else, but cruising forums, calls, messaging and pictures. Anything else gets done on the home PC.

Verizon stuck it to me once, concerning back-uprestore, and never again!!!

I don't rely on any entity but yours truly to back-up anything. It's all done through my home system on encrypted drives.

Call it all you want; you're still wrong. I've never carried concealed without my license and I honestly can't remember a time I ever forgot my wallet in adulthood. Other articles, sure, but wallet and keys are second nature.

Same. It's never happened. Not once.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top