JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you have pictures Front & Back of your ID's and Permit(s) saved to your Smartphone?

• Total voters
Oh yea, I've forgotten my wallet before. :rolleyes:

I do have things stored on my phone. But I do not back my phone up to the cloud. And sure I could lose my phone. But I could lose my wallet too. So I figure it's about the same risk.

Aren't we at the point where we have the technology to scan thumb prints or retinal scans? Wouldn't it be great if you could just use, say, a thumb print for everything and we could dump all these stupid cards we need to carry around? There has to be a better way, doesn't there?

I do have things stored on my phone. But I do not back my phone up to the cloud. And sure I could lose my phone. But I could lose my wallet too. So I figure it's about the same risk.

Aren't we at the point where we have the technology to scan thumb prints or retinal scans? Wouldn't it be great if you could just use, say, a thumb print for everything and we could dump all these stupid cards we need to carry around? There has to be a better way, doesn't there?
But your wallet doesn't run out of battery....

Sounds dangerously close to letting them put a chip in our body.

I did for a while and don't now, only because I changed phones a few times. I never worried about it "getting out" since the damn info is already all over the net, just did not bother. Since it seems all Police now have a computer they can just look me up if I forget wallet. So keep pic of my Medical and Dental insurance. Only because I do not want the stupid cards in my wallet. I I need the info I just show the pic to the people checking me in and it's been fine. Should snap another shot of DL in the one I have now just in case.

uhhhh .. NO.

(cloud or not, the device is network connected which makes it an unsafe location for anything important. period. the end.)

(I have tape over the thumbprint sensor on my phone. Google/Apple needs to know my fingerprint about as much as Visa/Mastercard need it -- which is bubbleguming never)

(there is a better way. Get this stuff called cash. Works when the power is out, the networks are down, and throws a monkey wrench into the face of the entire set of marketing/profiling/tracking bubblegums).

I put my driver's license and my insurance card on my phone, just in case I forget my wallet (has happened) or it gets lost. IIRC, Orygun has said the insurance info on your phone is good enough to be proof of insurance.

I know my driver's license by heart. I wouldn't bet that having a picture of your CPL would be considered compliant with the law (too easy to forge).
My cpl would look 100% better if it were forged. It was issued on what amounts to a poor quality business card and numbers are so bad at this point the last time I bought a gun the guy had to run it using several different numbers til he could guess at the right ones, not kidding.

Now for picture of my ID on my phone that would be a HARD NO, as in NO FRIGGIN WAY. As far as I know some one would have to actually have my wallet to get the ID info. My phone has been remotely hacked before. I am no longer placing any info on my phone that will help a hacker and make ID theft easier now.

I redid my phone with a secondary email address so anyone who does hack or steal my phone will not have access to anything, my actual email address, or any accounts via info or via apps.

I setup my actual email address to forward all email to my secondary "phone only" email address so I can read any email that comes in and reply to friends if need be but I never ever access any ecom sites or accounts with this phone email address.

Any hacker or thief gets my phone they got nothing that helps or allows them access to anything except my phone number and that is only of they can get passed the login screen on the phone.

How much info is on your phone? Is it a hackers or ID theft paradise because it has everything these people might need to screw over your life and steal you blind including banking or investment apps?

My phone is setup as an information device and phone but that is it. That phone can no longer be used to access anything that allows a thief of any sort to steal from me.

I know my numbers. My picture is in their database. But, I've turned around on my way to job sites just to get my wallet.
No, I don't leave anything important on my phone, nor do I ever log into any of my banking sites with my phone.
IMO both are friggin' stupid ideas.

I know my driver's license by heart. I wouldn't bet that having a picture of your CPL would be considered compliant with the law (too easy to forge).
I know many numbers. An image is always good, MANY TIMES when I forgot my wallet and needed "Clearance" immediately.
The CPL/CHL has a number. That "number" is referenced to YOU, my friend. Not easy to forge.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top