JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple of months ago, I bought a mint cherry red 92' Chevy Beretta for my daughter from a living estate sale for $1500.00.
It had less then 60,000 dealer only serviced miles on it.
Always garaged by the original owner little old lady who had been moved into an assisted living home.
It looked brand new inside and out. She had ordered it with every factory option.
I got it home and polished the paint and waxed it up to a beautiful shine. Afterwards, I drove it over to my neighbors house to show it off.
As my neighbor and I were admiring the car, just as he was handing me a cold beer, his ditsy wife proceeded to back her Tahoe out of the driveway and ran smack into the left rear quarter panel.
My neighbor turned to me and said "Get a repair bid and I will make it right with you".
The body shop repair bid was over $1800.00 to fix it back to original condition.
I told him that was too much and the car would then be totaled and I would then be required to buy it back from his insurance company.
He offered me $1200.00 cash. My daughter didn't mind me banging out the dent and leaving it that way, because she basically got a free car after selling her old clunker.

I am 60 this year. If you are careful and drive sanely you can get around the slowing reflexes (not there yet). Eventually though it is time to give up. I have observed my elders who generally had to stop driving themselves somewhere between 75 and 80, so I have a ways to go.

That said, I hope by the time I am ready to stop driving they have cars that will drive me around. I find driving mostly a chore and wouldn't mind at all owning a car that would drive me to and fro without having to ask my daughter or SIL to drive me someplace.

It really dosent do much good to be kind to us old geezers anyway, we can't remember after!
That was a fine thing to do, sorry about the aftermath.

The good news is the old guy had insurance and unless he has made it a habit of doing this he will be fine. Insurance companies can't take age as a factor , just the driving record of the insured, same with the DMV.

With at said I had a twenty something year old that was enjoying his soy crapitrinio latte while texting changed lanes into the side of my SUV in his POS car. He didn't have insurance, got a ticket for that and for unsafe lane change and was ordered to pay for the damage to my SUV. He never paid, had to claim it on my insurance. The courts stated his license would be suspended until he repaid my insurance company. So I expect he is now driving a different POS still with out insurance and now with out a license.

We are all going to be that age someday:D Hope when we are people are nice to us.....

Unfortunately, Not all of us are going to reach old age....

When I drive around, if an OLD person makes a driving mistake, I chalk it up to OLD AGE.

If a young person (20 +/-) makes a driving mistake, I chalk it up to either being a girl:eek: on the phone/texting, or lack of experience driving.

If a middle age person makes a driving mistake, I chalk it up to either a once in a while mistake (we all make these), or being a stupid, rude, idiot who has no business driving on the same roads as I drive on, and someone who should have their license suspended, thrown in jail, starved for 3 days, waterboarded, and then......................

Oh, wait, maybe I'm getting a little carried away

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads