JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Presently I have a handgun sitting at a FFL waiting on pick up. A second handgun is inbound to the same FFL.

I went to see the first handgun a few days ago. I thought it smarter to wait on the second handgun to arrive and then just pay once for the transfers and only 1 background check.

The stores owner made a comment that "when somebody purchases or picks up two or more firearms at the same time, they have to go onto some special State/FED list". " The purchasing of two or more firearms at the same time may slow down the approval process. "

1) are either of these statements correct?
2) which list is he referring to? It did not sound like a list that I wanted to be a part of...
3) IF I pickup both firearms at the same time should I expect more scrutiny / more attention from some 3 letter state or federal department. I don't need a visit from the Men in Black...so to speak.
4) what difference does it make (other than wasting $ on a 2nd transfer and a 2nd background check) by waiting a week between pick ups?
5) why does our goverment keep sticking it's nose into law abiding citizens business? I'm not mental and I have a girlfriend...I call her wife.

Last Edited:
Presently I have a handgun sitting at a FFL waiting on pick up. A second handgun is inbound to the same FFL.

I went to see the first handgun a few days ago. I thought it smarter to wait on the second handgun to arrive and then just pay once for the transfers and only 1 background check.

The stores owner made a comment that "when somebody purchases or picks up two or more firearms at the same time, they have to go onto some special State/FED list". " The purchasing of two or more firearms at the same time may slow down the approval process. "

1) are either of these statements correct?
2) which list is he referring to? I did not sound like a list that I wanted to be a part of...
3) IF I pickup both firearms at the same time should I expect more scrutiny / more attention from some 3 letter state or federal department. I don't need a visit from the Men in Black...so to speak.
4) what difference does it make (other than wasting $ on a 2nd transfer anda 2nd background check) by waiting a week between pick up?
5) why does our goverment keep sticking it's nose into law abiding citizens business? I'm not mental and I have a girlfriend...I call her wife.

I prefer to group purchases together to save $$ when I can. I've done it a number of times over the years at different FFL's. I haven't noticed any delays as a result. As to whether or not I'm on some special list, well, I figure they already know who I am or what I own anyway, so it's a moot point for me.

Oh, and if you have any shipping delays, be certain the FFL will hold the first gun while you wait. One I ran into had a policy of sending them back after two weeks if they hadn't been picked up yet.

Since I am very likely to get a delay I always try to group as many as I can together. Last time I had three, time before that 5. Very seldom do I ever run one at a time simply for economic reasons. (I order in just about everything and its $25 per transaction, not firearm)

I picked up 5 FFL items at once, it took the normal amount of time and I even joked with my FFL about getting put on some list. He said the person at OSP runs your info and thats about it as far as what they are looking for.

YMMV

I have had them fill out that extra form once or twice. I am not worried about it since I am not trafficking in firearms. They already know I have them, What difference does it make that they know I pick them up on one day instead of a month apart?

I have had them fill out that extra form once or twice. I am not worried about it since I am not trafficking in firearms. They already know I have them, What difference does it make that they know I pick them up on one day instead of a month apart?

I don't think it does make a difference but we should be educated and what the FFL told the op was partially bs it was not total bs.

Bought two pistols and nothing happened outside of when I bought one. I mean a black helicopter followed me home, I started balding, my dog ran away and all my food taste like metal now, but that's just a coincidence

ATF Nazi's said:
to report multiple sales or other dispositions of handguns to the same purchaser

Over a period of 5 days. One shotgun and one pistol does not meet that requirement.

Besides, anyone already owning a firearm is on a list.

I've always bought in bulk as a preference. I can squeak out a few dollars saved that way. Now with every transaction supposed to be recorded I'll make damned sure my FFL dollars go as far as they can.

Per the ATF
The sale or disposition of two or more handguns must be reported if they occur at the same time, or within five consecutive business days of each other.

Multiple sales or other dispositions of certain rifles to unlicensed individuals when two or more rifles are transferred at the same time, or within five consecutive business days of each other. The types of rifles that must be reported are those with the following characteristics: (1) semiautomatic; (2) a caliber greater than .22 (including .223/5.56 mm); and (3) the ability to accept detachable magazines.

If they occur the dealer has to fill out a multi gun form to send in to the ATF. But it really doesn't matter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top