Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Picking up my FN FiveseveN tomorrow.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Nov 11, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I am picking up my FN FiveseveN tomorrow (don't worry...mine is not a "cop killer." We had a long talk and mine is quite fond of LEO's in general). I also ordered 1000 rounds of ammo to with it. I plan on using up about half that when my mother and step-father visit next month and save the rest for when the zombies come (the gun says it is a pacifist but does not mind dropping zombies so that should work out fine). :)

2. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Gee.. is your mother and stepfather that bad that you have to unload 500 rounds of lead into them? And I thought that was reserved for mother in laws..

:laugh::laugh:

Sorry , the wording was a bit funny, or perhaps I have been reading too much of the news lately.

3. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

OK, fine and all, but how does your FN feel about zombie cops?

5. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

PP You say you know your gun is not a cop killer, but how can you be sure? Did a certain Psychiatrist tell you that after his evaluation it was fine? This didn't happen to be a Texan Psychiatrist by any chance was it?

Congrats on the new bullet hose. I want one too. Tell me how it feels under recoil.

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want a gun that has to be shot upside down?

7. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

:laugh:

8. candyman

candyman Scappoose, OR Active Member

you talk to your guns also :)

see mom i told you i wasnt the only crazy on here

9. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

I name mine, but I don't talk to them...usually.

10. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Talking is fine, just don't argue. And if you argue, don't lose.

11. thelendog

thelendog Milwaukie Member

It doesn't HAVE to be shot that way, that's just how to cool gangsta kids do it! :thumbup:

12. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

what kind of ammo did you order for it?

Interested in buying an AR57 upper (with red dot and vertical grip and cut down PMAG as brass catcher) with 2 FN mags, and 1200 rounds of SS192 (the stuff that's no longer sold over here) for $1150?

13. NoOne

NoOne Puget Sound Active Member

I had one of the 5.7 pistols for a while. It was very accurate, and recoil was very mild...my guess is something like a 22mag in a semi-auto of similar size. Muzzle bark was rather sharp, but overall it was a neat pistol. I eventually got rid of it because I rarely used it for anything but shooting at the range, and ammo was sort of expensive for simple plinking.

I didn't trust the ammo available to civilians for personal protection as all I read says that the rounds are about like shooting a 22mag...but there were 20 rounds of it in each mag. I felt much more confident carrying a 45acp, or at a minimum a 9mm with 124 grain +P+ ammo. Because I couldn't figure out why to keep the 5.7 I got rid of it. Perhaps if every kind of ammo made is available to everyone, I would keep one.

As for the rounds penetrating a ballistic vest, the military rounds will do so easily, but the rounds available to civilians don't penetrate much more than a 22 mag.

14. PlayboyPenguin

I just ordered 1000 rounds of the Hornady V-Max ammo. It is billed as hunting ammo but should be good for plinking too.

15. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Hey nice brass catcher in that photo!

16. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

thanks - most people who have shot with me are surprised it easily holds a full magazine's worth of empty brass.

I figured a PMAG was easier to cut accurately than one of my metal ones.

17. PlayboyPenguin

I am so glad I put this on lay-a-way the other day. My dealer says he has had dozens of people n looking for one since and it is getting impossible to find one from distributors right now.

18. Yankeefan

Yankeefan Southern Oregon Member

Yup. I got a call from one of my distributors earlier this week asking if I wanted any FiveseveN's. She said since Osama publicly denounced that gun saying we need to get it off the streets, they have been swamped with calls for the gun....they can't keep them in stock.

19. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

20. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

Talking is fine, but, do you NAME them?

I only name my motorcycle.