JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well my dad the ole war horse is retiring from NASA and moving up to gods country to be with me and his grandson. I thought I'd buy him something great like a 50 cal rifle, I have my personal fav's but I thought I'd throw this out to get feedback and hear some suggestions that might not be on my radar.

The Powder Room in Springfield Oregon has some beautiful .50cal muzzle loaders in a number of different styles you could go with a nice Plains style rifle with a half stock something like a Hawkin. Or you could go a little farther back and look at a nice Kentucky or Pennsylvania Style with a nice long barrel and maybe a really nice tiger stipe maple stock. Your choice flint or precussion.

Or go cheap and get either a Thompson Center Hawkin or Lyman Plains rifle.

Last Edited:
if hes your dad you need to get him a barrett M81 nothing less will do and buy the way he would like say 20,000 rounds you are the best son i wish you were mine . mines a borrower not a buyer:s0058:

20K rounds ????? ...... Geeze ...... I have only put 100+ through mine (10 Months) ...... 'Course my Buddy reloads it ....... we can shoot for under $2 a shot now .... :)

Hi Sheep, actually that is a friends front lawn ..... we 'do' have to fire from at least 20' from the front of the house so the redirected muzzle blast (from the Brake) doesn't break any windows ..... ;) His front driveway is almost 900 feet long and we have a heck of a barrier up at 100 yards. He lives about 7 miles from me so it makes it very convenient. He also has 600 acres of property about 5 miles north of his house, where we can do 800 yard shoots. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top