JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a Sig Sauer P220 carry SAS Gen 2 Nitron. Super excited about it and just wanted to share.

Currently have a Blackhawk Serpa and a 10rd mag in addition to the out of the box pieces. Waiting a little bit to find a more concealable holster for it. Hoping to hit the range for the first time with it tomorrow.
Its the second gun I've bought, its joining my Walther PPQ M2

20140905_071320_zps07f92666.jpg IMG_0482_zps33298073.jpg

Last Edited:
I have a feeling it will be my first of many... I think next will be a 226 chambered in .357 Sig.. Maybe in a year or so when I can get a super good deal again.

I'm excited, similar in size to my PPQ which is my current EDC so It'll be nice to pick up a carry holster.
I've shot a friends XDs .45 and a 1911.

I bought a new in box Sig 232 that the original owner shot a round through the plastic box the gun came in.
He inserted a fully loaded mag into his new toy, then jacked a round into the pistol, removed the magazine
and pulled the trigger thinking it was somehow empty once the mag was removed.
Shot a hole right through the box, the instruction manuals and the safety warning brochures and his kitchen table.
His wife made him sell the gun the same day. I got a super great deal and it's a real pleasure to shoot.

Very nice pistol and of course the .45 is a plus. For many years I have ignored Sig's pistols because of my own stubbornness. They refused to put the decock on the right side (I am a lefty) so I would pass them by in the gun shop or on deals. I fired the M11 while in the service (had to qualify with it to teach others) and always shot it very well; but never embraced it.

Well that was stupid! A couple of weeks ago I picked up a Sig P227 SAS in trade. Sig's custom shop did a great job taking the sharp points off this gun (one of my gripes about the M11) and the decock is actually in the perfect place for my trigger finger (as is the mag release on most auto loaders). What is not to love about this particular pistol. It is of approximate size to a Commander and has 11 rounds of .45 on board. Keeper!

The high points as I see it of this one:
Great ergonomics
Good capacity
Night sights from factory
De-horn done
Very accurate
Outstanding reliability
Top shelf build quality.

Last Edited:
Great price. A P220 SAS carry is my favorite non-1911 .45. You'll empty mags fast with the Sig's short reset trigger. To control muzzle flip even more, you could put in a stainless steel guide rod.

other than the guide rod (a must imho on any sig) don't change a thing, any 220 is a great pistol.

not as great as a 1911, but close. Given to John Moses Browning by God, to smite thine enemies.

Great price. A P220 SAS carry is my favorite non-1911 .45. You'll empty mags fast with the Sig's short reset trigger. To control muzzle flip even more, you could put in a stainless steel guide rod.

As I said, perks are great where I work.;)
A 1911 will be in my future, I want to pick up a few other calibers before I start going for duplicates (I'm weird that way). And when I do get a 1911 I want to do it right and get the .45. I'll look into the guide rod, thanks for the tip.

I love all of my Sigs. Every one of them. I don't think you can go wrong with a Sig .45. I am very excited for the Sig 227 Tacops , and have been trying to get my hands on one to play with it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top