JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey All,

Been wanting a 1911 for the longest time. Finally broke down and picked up a 25th anniversary Kimber Custom Series 1.

Has Ed Brown hammer, sear, dis-connector, and mag base pad. The grips were changed and grip tape applied to the front of the handle before i bought it.

I can see where night sights would be a nice addition. Anything else recommended?

Thanks! 20160802_164139.jpg

Extended slide release, extended mag release, extended left side only safety, Kimber meprolight night sights! And for really trick, Briely spherical barrel bushing, and a cylinder and slide tuned trigger kit!

I suppose I need to know just what you want to do with your pistol , before making any suggestions.
A combat pistol , a carry pistol , a target pistol all might need different modifications.
And you needs or wants might be different than mine ...

As for me my 1911 is a stock Series 70 Colt , I will get a lefty friendly safety , but thats it.
I have for combat / carry and I like to keep it simple , But that is me.

I do like the idea of a good leather holster for any handgun.
And trying ammo to see what it likes and feeds best is always a good notion.
Nice pistol BTW!
Andy

The basic "upgrades" that someone would do to a stock government model to make it easier to shoot and reliable are already there: a decent trigger, a beavertail safety and good sights. Don't add anything else to it until you have a lot of rounds down range and know the pistol.

First of all dang, lots of responses! thanks all

Extended slide release
Midway
Brownells

That looks nice, will look into it

A good holster, that ain't no plastic gun;):D:rolleyes:

Have been looking at the Galco Combat leather holster today

Reload Ammo and shoot it

Fixed* haha I shall do that though.

Extended slide release, extended mag release, extended left side only safety, Kimber meprolight night sights! And for really trick, Briely spherical barrel bushing, and a cylinder and slide tuned trigger kit!

Right now it is an ambi-saftey. Night sights are def on the list.

I suppose I need to know just what you want to do with your pistol , before making any suggestions.
A combat pistol , a carry pistol , a target pistol all might need different modifications.
And you needs or wants might be different than mine ...

Nice pistol BTW!
Andy

Range/Carry

I'd say reliable magazines before anything else. Not really a mod...but still necessary for whatever you're using it for. Checkmate, Chip McCormick, Wilson Combat, all make great magazines that have been 100% in my guns.

Also for a carry holster I picked up a Wilson Combat Summer Companion and it is amazing. The price was my turn off for the longest time, but as soon as I started wearing it for my commander bobtail 1911, I wanted one for my full size guns as well. If you ordered a full size version and don't like it, I'd even buy it off you!

Converted my 80 back to a 70. Its not a Kimber, they may be 70's?

TJ'S 1911 SERIES '80 TO SERIES '70 CONVERSION SHIMS | Brownells

My only concern about an 80 to 70 conversion on an EDC is in court. The question about why did you feel the need to disable/alter a safety system that the manufacturer deemed necessary for the safe operation of their product. Sure, you can debunk it but why waste the energy? If you really think that you can't get the crispness of a 70's trigger from an 80, buy a 70 series pistol form another manufacturer.

My only concern about an 80 to 70 conversion on an EDC is in court. The question about why did you feel the need to disable/alter a safety system that the manufacturer deemed necessary for the safe operation of their product. Sure, you can debunk it but why waste the energy? If you really think that you can't get the crispness of a 70's trigger from an 80, buy a 70 series pistol form another manufacturer.

If this refers to the firing pin safety, series 1 Kimbers do not have it so no conversion necessary.

If it's brand new,shoot about 500 rounds then ask this question

The 25th anniversary model was manufactured in 2004 I believe so it's pre-owned.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top