JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
an SBR in WA was illegal even with the tax stamp?

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

From what I understand after research any SBR is illegal in Washington, the other option would be to put a barrel extension on it to make a rifle, but then it needs to be 922r compliant. That makes for I believe 6 US made parts per rules apply and can never be made back into a pistol. Don't quote me any of this since thats not where I am going with this at this time anyway.

The UTG is the best thing out there for the price. I like quad rails but I don't like plastic quad rails. The next step up is $150+ and I don't need it that bad. UTG works fine for holding stuff on. I like the nikon too. My past AK's broke all my cheap red dots. My nikon hasn't broke yet. It doesn't have any heat shielding but it's a lot cooler than the wood. A LOT cooler!

Its not like I was planning on putting 75 rounds or better through my barrel on fast fire anyway. I do like the UTG rail look and price isn't bad either. I just wish the rails were removable. I know you can put the covers on though. Right now I am bidding on a Galil style Tapco foreend for cheap, we'll see how that goes soon.

If you know how to take off the rear sight block you can buy the UTG galil quad rail that goes all the way back. They are cheap too and very good looking. I would like to do that but don't know how.

From what I understand you only have to take the rear sight off, which the hardest part of that is the spring that the rear sight sits on which is under tremendous pressure, wear eye protection, a rag, and pry out with a screwdriver, and ping! then just remove the rear sight apperture. BTW I won the auction on the galil handguard for 22 bucks shipped!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top