JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up the Colt Government 1911 I had put on lay-a-way with the money I received from selling my SA GI.45 1911.

Now I need to decide how many changes I want to make to it. I know I am going to replace the plastic MSH, rubber grips, and the black trigger. I just need to decide how much further I want to go.

Do I want to leave it pretty traditional with the old style trigger, sights, and grip safety...or do I want to upgrade them as well and really make this my own custom 1911.

What do you think? Look at these pics and suggest what you would change and what you would leave the same. :)

Gov1.jpg

Gov2.jpg

Gov3.jpg

Gov4.jpg

If it was mine and I was gonna customize (not sure I would either), I'd likely throw on a skeletonized hammer or maybe a STI square hammer, a Nighthawk custom match trigger and maybe a different grip safety. Oh and a flux capacitor...can't forget the flux capacitor.

If it was mine and I was gonna customize (not sure I would either), I'd likely throw on a skeletonized hammer or maybe a STI square hammer, a Nighthawk custom match trigger and maybe a different grip safety. Oh and a flux capacitor...can't forget the flux capacitor.
No chance. Those flux capacitors are nothing but trouble. Every trans-luminal vessel I have ever been on with one has experienced problems because of them. Not to mention the problems time machines have with them. I think I will stick to using a uranium pew-36 explosive space modulator if I decide to upgrade it at all. :D

I allways put in a wilson combat beavertail grip saftey http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/st...itle=1911 AUTO DROP-IN BEAVERTAIL GRIP SAFETY
this will allow your hand to ride higher on the gun and if you have big hands like mine keep you from getting bit by the slide once in awhile. You will need to either bob your hammer or get a commander style hammer ..

Next would be a cylinder and slide trigger pull kit http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=5502&st=206-103-052aa&s=12767 these parts seem to fit up very well with very minor fitting needed plus it comes with the commander hammer needed for your beveartail grip saftey.

This how a run mine. hope that helps.

You need to get a stainless mainspring housing, and aluminum trigger, and a stainless wide spur hammer.

Otherwise it's good.

If you want to have ambi-safeties use the Kimber product. You don't need milled out grips or the ugly keeper that goes under the grip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top