Picked up a PPQ M2 .40 yesterday

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by rainiergreen, Apr 7, 2013.

1. rainiergreen

rainiergreen
    Columbia County

Well I have been looking for a PPQ in .40 for a very long time. They are hard to find in 9mm and the dealers locally have said they are impossible to get in .40.

So I headed to the Hillsboro Gun Show yesterday. Was planning to find a neat tactical .22lr rifle. I got there about an hour after opening, it was packed. I'm walking through and spotted "my holy grail" sitting on a table mixed in with a bunch of Glocks and XDs...a PPQ. I was so excited I reached over the guy in front of me to grab it. I picked it up and OMG it was a M2 in .40. Priced at $599 NEW!!! The guy asked if I had any questions...I said "Yes, who do I pay?" I have to say I have not been so excited to buy ANYTHING in a long time.

Why is this gun so important to me, you ask? Because I have big hands, not fat cigar fingers, just big hands. I'm 5'11" and can easily palm a basketball and my fingers are big ring size 13. The very first time I picked up the first gen PPQ it was as if it had been formed for my hand. Every other gun I have owned has always been a compromise of size or comfort but not the PPQ.

Interesting thing was that IF I wanted to make some money I could have easily sold it before I left the show. I had 2 dealers offer me $650 cash or $700 trade. And at least 3-4 people offer me up to $750 for it. I talked to several dealers there and was told "good luck" finding a PPQ at all but in .40 no chance.

I got home a little after dark and it was raining buckets, but I couldn't wait. So I stood out in the rain and ran 50 rounds through it. I love it! Trigger pull is awesome! Because the grip fits so well the recoil was null and I was able to get right back on target.

Now I just need to find a holster. Does anyone know where I can get a good holster? I don't want some Uncle Mikes generic.

2. Hammer_Man

Hammer_Man
    Hillsboro

Congrats!! I've owned to P99s, and thought they were fine weapons. Try De-Santis, or Fobus for holsters. Not sure about Blackhawk, but they probably make a Serpa holster for it as well.

3. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey
    Vancouver, WA

I love my PPQ. There's a Blackhawl leather holster that fits it well, it's made for the XD series. I also have a Galco that fits even better, it might be the holster for my HK P30, I'd have to check. I don't know who makes PPQ specific holsters, but it's one of those guns that's very similar in size and shape as other popular models.

4. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Check out Foxx holsters. I have a hybrid for my G19 and a little Foxx for my shield. Both are incredibly comfortable.