JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The White Standard Poodle is mine. He was sizing up the officers K9, as the K9 was sizxing him up.

K9 demo (7) group lrg.jpg

thats a beautiful boxer
Thanks. She's a pound mutt who serves almost no useful purpose outside of companionship. She doesn't track, retrieve, search, alert, or subdue. Her most useful skill is as a visual deterrent. Strangers rarely come down my driveway when she's on duty. If they do, they stay in the car. Her biggest weakness is that she's too friendly and has never met a stranger. I really can't see why someone would have given her up because she's so sweet and well behaved. Much more Mastiff in temperament than boxer. I suspect she was used as breeding stock and was cast aside once she has produced her limit. She spends the majority of her time like this.
View attachment 160319
Once, at the dog park, I saw her post up against 2 Pitbulls and a Rott that had herded my 4 year old niece into a corner and were in "pack hunting mode". Normally she's pretty submissive but I truly believe she would have fought to the death to protect the kid. Luckily the other dogs' (very apologetic) owners were able to intervene before it escalated. It could have been an ugly situation.

Hey guys!

I have a little pug but am looking for a bug out dog. I was curious if you guys had any suggestions. I have a wife and two little boys who would need the protection. I can adequately protect myself (MCMAP ftw). So I would like a dog that has some weight and knockdown power to em. A friend suggested an Alaskan Malamute but of course my wife aggro went sky high when she was the fur on it lol. I still like the look of them and from what I have read they are incredibly intelligent, which certainly is a plus.

Any tips would be great guys. I appreciate it!

Average marriage is 7.8 years of nagging, boredom, lies, deception.

"The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties."

"Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship."

"How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being."

- Oscar Wilde

Average lifespan of a dog 12.8 years. Unconditional friendship, love and support. You are #1 and always will be till death does you part.

LOL. Oscar Wilde was a notorious homosexual, not exactly the best source of advice on women or marriage.

Dogs can't carry a lot of weight. My black lab (when he was younger, at 12 his hips trouble him too much forj hiking any more) could carry his own kibble and water for a day hike, and his leash, etc. But if one were really trying to get use out of dogs as a pack animal, then you need a dog cart. Native Americans used the travois with dogs, but guaranteed a modern, light-weight, narrow wheeled cart would be better. Dogs can pull a LOT more than they can carry- otherwise dog sleds wouldn't have been so big in the forozen north. On a bigger dog, they could pull at least their own weight on average terrain. Another 50-100 lbs of gear could make a big difference in a survival situation. The same cart could be used as a goat or small donkey cart. I've heard of goats being used as a straight pack animal as well.

You couldn't blithely take off into the brush or up steep hills, but for average travel on flat-ish to rolling terrain you could gain a lot of benefit. The Mormons migrated west to Utah with push-carts when most other settlers were investing in Conestoga wagons- many of them didn't make it, but many did as well. The right set-up of cart can also be pulled behind a bicycle.

Hey guys!

I have a little pug but am looking for a bug out dog. I was curious if you guys had any suggestions. I have a wife and two little boys who would need the protection. I can adequately protect myself (MCMAP ftw). So I would like a dog that has some weight and knockdown power to em. A friend suggested an Alaskan Malamute but of course my wife aggro went sky high when she was the fur on it lol. I still like the look of them and from what I have read they are incredibly intelligent, which certainly is a plus.

Any dog will make a great companion. Any dog can be trained for specific tasks. I think many of the Mastiff breeds would make excellent bug out dogs. Super sturdy and pretty low maintenance. Plus they have short hair so shedding isn't much of an issue. I've been seriously considering adding a Cane Corso or Bullmastiff to my household. Do some research on them specifically and you might agree that they are pretty impressive. Mastiffs are large and powerful dogs but have have very stable personalities. They aren't prone to overreacting in a stressful situation but will meet force with force (think Dalton in Roadhouse:rolleyes:). "Be nice until it's time to not be nice". This is a valuable trait.

Hey guys!

Best BUG DOG breed lama3.jpg

lama3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews