JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While we were wating for a pick-up from Portland train station, I took this with my new pocket Canon camera -
upload_2018-3-4_17-0-31.png

This is the guy in the crane cab -

upload_2018-3-4_17-1-45.png

Now flame me if you like, but I think that that is just amazing.

tac

Nice pics. Pocket cameras have come a long way.
That looks like "Big Pink" (US Bancorp Tower) on the left.
The guy that broke me in on commercial doors and hardware went floor-by-floor through that thing.

Last Edited:
Canon Powershot SK620 HS - it even has wifi up/download and a x100 zoom - which you've seen. Shutterbug were doing a $50 off sale, so I bought two, one for a pal.

I spent the hundred bucks I saved on ammunition at an indoor range in PDX.

tac

TAC you here today? PDX?
If, so we could have had you out to shoot steel with us, and 85 of our friends.

re: camera, could that be the SX ... I am not finding an SK ... (although model numbers can be different for the different countries it is sold in)

Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Review | Photography Blog
Looks like a great travel camera -

all: if you are looking for info on a camera, I recommend Photography Blog.

I did amateur photography for years, 35mm and medium format. Mostly all scenic outdoor stuff. It gave me great personal satisfaction. Then along came digital cameras and phone cameras. Soon thereafter the digitals were doing better work than I did with film cameras. My 9 year old grand daughter was doing some good stuff with her very affordable Canon and her Mom's old cell phone. I gave up and bought a Nikon digital set-up. My experience with film cameras no longer counts but I still do pretty decent work with a digital. Kinda miss it though.

tac, next time you are camera shopping in the area, visit Focal Point Photography in Dallas, OR. They are great people, and beat Shutterbug all the time.

I was there this week when a lady came in from south of Roseburg to have Mike repair her camera, and there were two other customers there from over 100 miles away. :s0094:

TAC you here today? PDX?
If, so we could have had you out to shoot steel with us, and 85 of our friends.

re: camera, could that be the SX ... I am not finding an SK ... (although model numbers can be different for the different countries it is sold in)

Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Review | Photography Blog
Looks like a great travel camera -

all: if you are looking for info on a camera, I recommend Photography Blog.

Yeah, SX, I was looking via the light from our old oil lamp, y'see. Our local Shutterbug store is in the River Valley shopping mall, Eugene OR.

And no, I'm still here in East Anglia, the sticky-out bit of England that faces Belgium and the Netherlands. :(

tac

Some great pics for a pocket camera. I was thinking about buying one but smart phones make it a little harder to justify now.

Am I the only one that was disappointed that Pocket Canon wasn't slang for some kind of super big carry pistol like a Snubby SW500?

I have an earlier model, the SX230HS I've had for 6 years, still a great pocket camera and my go-to travel camera due to its size. The optical zoom is fantastic, digital zoom is just okay. My only complaint is low-light quality is marginal at best, very grainy, but not surprising considering the small size of the sensor. It also takes amazing HD video, on par with my Canon DSLR and records really great audio too.

I need to sell that one and step into a newer model, it's time. I'll need to take a closer look at that SX260HS and see if it's the one I want to go to. Thanks for sharing about that. Enjoy your time in Oregon.

More likely, eh? What do I know, I'm a pesky furriner. :oops:

tac

tac, I've been searching photos to solve my own ig'nance of the ID; perhaps you are correct, given the angle etc, I'm going to call my own statement as being 'debunked'.

You did get amazing photo with a tiny camera. Thanks for posting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top