JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this on the photography web site, and now on Fark

The idea is that photos you post, can incriminate you - you had to be in a certain place to get the picture, and with modern software (ie Photoshop) we can tell - so it is not just a crop etc.
If that certain place is "off limits" then what?

Got a good photo of a geyser in Yellowstone, where you off the path? ....

I know you might be thinking, San Fran, you have poop on the streets. But scanning social media is an indoor job, and one which can be done by robots, for the state.

PS - it is that weekend of the year for "Fire Fall" at Yosemite ... not that there is any water there this year ... careful what you post.

How bout all those "urban exploration" photoshoots and videos of people trespassing "abandoned"/condemned structures on private property? If it were old cabin remnants on State/National Forest lands or parks or BLM, or in ghost towns on same, okay but these are in cities :rolleyes:

I got to wonder.. is trespass charge worth the risks for "awesome/unique" photo/video opportunities?:rolleyes::s0143:

From the article:
"The District is seeking any profits Getty has made from the image..."

Money motivation.

Bankrupt city run by those lacking morals...who'd of thought it'd come to this?

Soon they'll say that any image made of any city owned property is "theirs" and they deserve cash for each one. If artists thought that the democrat party was your party, here's your wake up call.

Bankrupt city run by those lacking morals...who'd of thought it'd come to this?

Soon they'll say that any image made of any city owned property is "theirs" and they deserve cash for each one. If artists thought that the democrat party was your party, here's your wake up call.
I'm actually not surprised :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Think about this. How often does an artist end up broke and homeless creating "free" works for exposure? And how about how criminally low prices does the State/local govt boards pay for "beautification"? :rolleyes::s0136:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top