JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:s0131: :s0131: :s0131:

Suddenly, government snooping isn't so hot after all, eh?

NSA revelation shows why gun owners fear checks, registration

News that the National Security Agency is collecting telephone records on millions of Americans is racing across the landscape this morning, and it underscores why many gun owners are resistant to background checks.

<broken link removed>

Even if they were negotiating, this kind of thing speaks volumes about politicians. There are a few differences, however, that should be considered.

1. Filling out a 4473 is voluntary. No one forces you to buy a gun.

2. Using a phone, without proper written notice that the carrier is providing that information to the Feds, is not voluntary.

3. Feds skirting the intent of the law to collect data on EVERYONE is the problem. Give the Feds a database and they WILL use it....

I've known about the NSA collecting all kinds of info on us... not breaking news to me at all. I think it's funny how they just mention Verizon lol. All your texts, calls, and emails are being recorded!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... the NSA isn't there to bake cookies y'all. I asked my friend if he heard about the Verizon and NSA thing.... he said yes and that he isn't too excited about it but whatever... he said " I am not worried, it's not like I'm a terrorist". It has nothing to do with not being a terrorist, it's about your past catching up with you in the future! I didn't tell him that because I didn't have the time and also he is distracted by some girl from his work. He served two terms in Iraq (in the Marine Corp.) but little does he know that there is a fight to be fought here at home.

Anyways I digress....... none of this NSA and spying stuff is news to me. Much like when you buy a gun and the FFL gives the State Police your serial number hahahahah yeah they don't register crap under your name when you buy a gun through a FFL.

But... Wait a minute... Though I can appreciate you bringing this issue of tapping into our phone records to the forefront, and equating it to universal background checks for buying a gun, were you not (CRKBA & SAF) negotiating with state legislators for universal background checks, and had a major hand in Crafting the Toomey-Manchin Univ. Gun Registry Bill at the National Level? Forgive me, and correct me if I am incorrect.

<broken link removed>

The measure that CCRKBA helped craft contained criminal penalties for record keeping and abuse of those records. There were exemptions and -- this is what ultimately led to the impasse because Schumer went ballistic -- it RESTORED FUNDING FOR RELIEF FROM DISABILITIES INVESTIGATIONS by the BATF so that people convicted of certain non-violent crimes could have their gun rights restored. This would have been the first time in more than 20 years that Congress would have provided funding for these investigations to restore gun rights. Schumer led the charge back in the early 1990s to strip that funding out of the ATF budget because he NEVER wants people to have their gun rights restored.

When these provisions were not in the final bill that was presented, CCRKBA walked away and did it rather publicly.

Now, what was the result?
a) CCRKBA established that gun people ARE willing to "sit down at a table and talk" provided the discussions are in good faith
b) Schumer & company turned out to be the "inflexible extremists"
c) The background check legislation died within a couple of hours of CCRKBA's rather public abandonment of the Manchin-Toomey bill.

And while you may never call an Al Qaeda terrorist, what happens when the NSA starts using the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon method to find their 'associates'? You may, unknowingly, be only three degrees from "Mr Bad Guy of the Week".

elsie

All this data will likely not be very fruitful, other than pissing off the citizens. Terrorists aren't the sharpest tool in the shed, but they are smart enough to make "untraceable" calls.

I'm not giving away any big secrets here, one way to do so is using prepaid cell phones, paid with cash. They end up with a phone that is untraceable to them.

What do you think they'll do when you talk about what a whack job your ex wife or hubby was and they were going hunting next week? The search will pick up whack job, and hunting and out comes the DHS swat team. Funny if it wasn't so serious. They overreact with law abiding citizens and under react with spontaneous cookers and video inspired riots.

Brutus out

But don't worry folks, President Obama assures us that there are "safeguards" in place to protect your privacy. The government would NEVER use it's power against the people it serves . . . Unless you're Conservative, Christian, Constitutionalist, Republican or Libertarian, . . . .

:s0131: :s0131: :s0131:

Suddenly, government snooping isn't so hot after all, eh?

NSA revelation shows why gun owners fear checks, registration

News that the National Security Agency is collecting telephone records on millions of Americans is racing across the landscape this morning, and it underscores why many gun owners are resistant to background checks.

<broken link removed>

It surprises me that more folks are not completely unhinged about the government domestic survallance programs post 9/11.

It certainly isn't just Verizon and telephone communications either. It's very likely this internet post Im typing and going to post at the moment, my email to my father this morning, etc.

Google Room 641A

For the folks not interested in searching:

" Room 641A is located in the SBC Communications building at 611 Folsom Street, San Francisco, three floors of which were occupied by AT&T before SBC purchased AT&T.[1] The room was referred to in internal AT&T documents as the SG3 [Study Group 3] Secure Room. It is fed by fiber optic lines from beam splitters installed in fiber optic trunks carrying Internet backbone traffic[3] and, as analyzed by J. Scott Marcus, a former CTO for GTE and a former adviser to the FCC, who has access to all Internet traffic that passes through the building, and therefore "the capability to enable surveillance and analysis of internet content on a massive scale, including both overseas and purely domestic traffic."[4] Former director of the NSA's World Geopolitical and Military Analysis Reporting Group, William Binney, has estimated that 10 to 20 such facilities have been installed throughout the United States.[2] "

There is also the " Carnivore" sucessor (?) "NarusInsight suite", this is just stuff we know exists.

Truly terrifying stuff. I do not believe it's a stretch to make the statement that ALL OF OUR COMMUNICATIONS are monitored as of today. There is plenty of evidence to show that this is no longer tin-foil paranoia either.

One of the many reasons big government folks make me cringe.

The government is here to help.... Right ?

I hope more people wake up to what is happening in this country before it's too late.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top