JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was charging my phone in the truck yesterday afternoon & layed it on the dash in the shade. When I returned the sun was out & there was a message on the phone saying the battery was overheated and could not charge & since has not charged past 24%.
Does this mean that the battery is toast?

S6 device

Last Edited:
I think all you can do is let it cool off and try to charge it again. Then see how long the charge lasts.

Edit: Reread your post. Looks like you let it cool down and it still wouldn't charge past 24%. You could remove it from the phone for a a few minutes, might reset the charging circuit, use it to discharge it more, then try charging it again.

iPhones do that. I've had mine shut down from being in direct sunlight for too long. My Droid would do the same.

Just put it in a bucket of ice water and once it cools down, you will be good to go :D

If you can remove the battery, place it on a counter top and spin it around.
If it spins real easy like a top, then it will have a bulge in the middle and that battery is toast.

jbett98 said.
''If you can remove the battery, place it on a counter top and spin it around.
If it spins real easy like a top, then it will have a bulge in the middle and that battery is toast.''

Works with strippers to. :D

iPhones do that. I've had mine shut down from being in direct sunlight for too long. My Droid would do the same.

Just put it in a bucket of ice water and once it cools down, you will be good to go :D

You're a regular Einstein aren't cha??? :eek::eek::eek::) I let my S5 do the backstroke in a lake two years ago, hence the S6 I now have.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Seems like the only possible thing to do is shoot it, at close range.... you will need someone with a smart phone to record it however :D

I'll need someone to hold it for me, any takers???:p:p:p

If you can remove the battery, place it on a counter top and spin it around.
If it spins real easy like a top, then it will have a bulge in the middle and that battery is toast.

I'm in the same group as No Regerts.... I don't spin unless I'm going down a super slide at the water park and you aren't supposed to spin...:oops:

jbett98 said.
''If you can remove the battery, place it on a counter top and spin it around.
If it spins real easy like a top, then it will have a bulge in the middle and that battery is toast.''
Works with strippers to. :D
:s0132:

See post # 10... I ain't even gonna touch that thing unless they (Verison techs) tell me it's toast then I'm gonna stop at the pit on the way home & take IM's advise & SHOOT IT!!!!:D:D:D

Thanks for the solid advice fellas and you do know that I had already googled the question I asked.... right???:s0121:

You guys are a riot....:s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0005:

307846-4dba009e3a2c68952942556b79f3ab58.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews