JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
iPhone SE 2nd Gen. It's still technically working but it is obvious that something didn't like the water. The home button seized up and it's in rice before I try to charge it.

Was changing into swim shorts to take the kid into the hot tub and put it in a pocket. Got distracted, proceeded to enter hot tub. Proceeded to play with kid and hot wheels for 15 minutes until it fell out of said pocket while moving around in tub.

Kid, "Dad, why is your phone in the hot tub!"

Me, "Sh1t!"

Kid, "I'm telling mom you said a bad word."

Always, any one got advice on new iPhones?

Also curious to hear from anyone that has switched from apple to android. Was it a PITA or simple? Swapping photos and such seems like a pain the older I get. Apple makes that park easy honestly.

Never had an Apple so not sure. I know for a long time Android you have a Google account for so when you get a new phone they just move everything to the new one. Does Apple back up everything to cloud? If so seems like you should be able to download it to an Android if you switch. Just guessing many apps will have to be swapped. I did have to laugh picturing you and the Sons conversation about the phone. :s0140:

Never had an Apple so not sure. I know for a long time Android you have a Google account for so when you get a new phone they just move everything to the new one. Does Apple back up everything to cloud? If so seems like you should be able to download it to an Android if you switch. Just guessing many apps will have to be swapped. I did have to laugh picturing you and the Sons conversation about the phone. :s0140:
I'm guessing the Google account is similar in nature these days as an apple account? I've got a gmail account but that's about all I used the Google accounts system for. Do they have their own version of a cloud now? Pictures, videos, files, etc all in one place and switchable from one device to the other as if only the phone changed?

I'm guessing the Google account is similar in nature these days as an apple account? I've got a gmail account but that's about all I used the Google accounts system for. Do they have their own version of a cloud now? Pictures, videos, files, etc all in one place and switchable from one device to the other as if only the phone changed?
They have some kind of cloud service that I have never used. Google gives away the OS so that is why you have to have a G-mail account for the phone. It must be their cloud that keeps the info. I have seen ads now and then for it and just never paid attention. So guessing there is some minimum amount they give to use for the phone. Every time I buy another phone it asks me for my G-mail account at set up and as soon as the phone is live or hooked to wiFi it starts putting all the stuff from the other phone onto it. Just not sure how its going to work if you ask android to talk to Apple and copy the stuff. Guessing they do not play well with each other by design??? As long as you can download what Apple has though it as simple as putting info onto a flash drive. When I plug my phone into a PC it asks me if I want to use the phone memory as an external drive.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top