JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To my surprise the male reception person asked, after I had requested her opposition to SB 941; if I had any comments. Having been very familiar with the literature I explained and he listened for about 10 minutes.

THE BIG STICKING POINT THAT HE MENTIONED WAS 'INTERNET GUN SALES' AND I EXPLAINED THAT 'INTERSTATE' IS GOVERNED THROUGH FFL--NOT SURE IF HE UNDERSTOOD THAT ONE.

"INTERSTATE" I.E. WITHIN OREGON I INFORMED THAT CRIMINALS ARE UNLIKELY TO BUY FORM PEOPLE THAT CAN IDENTIFY THEM AND CHL'S ARE SO ALERT THAT SALES OFTER REQUIRE CHLS AND ODL.

HE WAS INFORMED THAT CRIMINALS WILL NOT INCRIMINATE THEMSELVES THROUGH FACE TO FACE BACKGROUND CHECKS--BUT FOR A SMALL NUMBER. OFTER BUYING STOLEN GUNS OR THROUGH ROBBERY IS THE VEHICLE HOW CRIMINALS GET GUNS.

I TOLD HIM I WAS A FORENSIC EXAMINER SO THAT CARRIED SOME WEIGHT. PROZANSKY ADMITTED THAT CRIMINALS WILL CIRCUMVENT THE LAW.

HE WAS VER NICE TO SPEAK WITH AND LISTENED--WHICH WAS GOOD FOR THEIR OFFICE.

YOU MIGHT TRY TO POLITELY ADVISE HER OFFICE OF THE FACTS

HER NUMBER IS 503-986-1414.

By complete accident, I actually got a Representative on the phone today. (I've noticed that they sometimes answer their phones at lunchtime while their "assistants" are gone).

This guy was a Democrat (note, I didn't spell it DemonRat this time) and solidly on our side of the issue. I was able to hammer home my litany of complaints and he clearly not only understood but agreed, not only on the issues but that the legislators haven't even done their homework to figure out what problem they're trying to solve, and regardless are picking the *wrong* issue - guns - in trying to solve whatever problem it is they *think* they're trying to solve.

He said that as of earlier this week it didn't look like "they" had the votes to pass this, but that since they'd scheduled a vote for Monday maybe they'd pulled a rabbit (Or more likely a "Dreaded Sumatran 'Rat Monkey") out of a hat... Either way this is still NOT a sure thing and we need to KEEP UP the HEAT on them.

There is a rumor afloat - probably more than a rumor by now - that Bloomburglar has done a huge ($500K) "media buy" here in Oregon and is going to blitz The Electorate with TV ads, etc... I've yet to run into anyone, pro or con, who doesn't resent the "outside money" coming in on this campaign, too, so I'm not so sure how much it's going to help the little SOB.

We may very well win this... We need to RATCHET UP the pressure. Ideally, every Legislator's voice mail and email should be overflowed on Monday morning - and we should try to pack the House gallery on Monday as well.

And regardless of the outcome, in addition to getting rid of the 'Rats, we need to work to *re-elect* the Democrats who've stuck their necks out to save us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top