Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Phone Advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 97321, Jul 18, 2012.

1. 97321

97321 Albany Active Member

What's a good, used model of phone for AT&T? Just to be used for voice and texting, no internet. I'm not interested in 'upgrading' to a smart phone, so I figure to pick something up on CL or elsewhere. I have an old clamshell that I've had for about 12 years (yes it still works), but I'd like something a little handier for sending texts, something with a QWERTY keypad.

Suggestions?

2. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

You could always buy the most popular phone in the world: the Nokia 1100

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

If you don't want a contract, just buy a prepaid Gophone (AT&T's prepaid service) and put your SIM card in it. There are loads of ATT cell phones for sale on ebay.

4. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I've got an old 8G (Gen 2) iPhones that I would trade for a box of Federal .22's.

BTW you don't have to have a data plan if you don't want one. Just pop your SIM card in and you can use the wireless function without a data plan.

5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Didn't know that!

6. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

To be clear you can't buy a new iPhone from ATT without a data plan; however, if you have your own phone and activate the SIM card with a non smart phone then just move the SIM and use the built in WIFI for your network instead of the data plan. My wife and kids are both set up this way. Saves me a ton of money every month.

7. 97321

97321 Albany Active Member

That ... is pretty... cool.