JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally took this little pistol out today. As I mentioned while back found this cleaning out stuff in one day. Wife had bought it years ago and "lost track" of it, ie, she forgot she ever bought it :s0092:
I have had it sitting on my work bench for weeks and kept forgetting to toss it in the range bag.
So the good:
For a ultra cheap little plinker it works. Several kinds of .22 ammo all feed fine. Trigger is surprisingly crisp for such a cheap pistol. Almost on par with my newest Ruger MK that still has factory trigger in it. It's the shorty model and with iron sights I was not shooting any groups to impress anyone but that's not the pistols fault my eyes are not what they used to be.
The bad:
The multiple anti lawyer safeties on the damn thing. Took a while to get used to them. I had read there was ways to get rid of them. Since we have so many .22's this will most likely live in the safe now so doubt I will bother. Mags are a little rough to load. No finger button. Springs were quite easy just got old in a hurry trying to load them. Not at bad as the little Ruger LCPII in .22, that one is almost impossible for me to load without a tool. These would certainly be nicer with some kind of button. Again may be a loader that would fit them.
So if someone wanted a .22 they could toss in the tackle box and not worry about? This would fit that to a T. Stainless and cheap enough most would not be concerned it it got banged up. The sell another upper for these to give it a longer tube that is less than a C note. Doubt it will be for me since we have to many .22 pistols already but, would be fun for those who wanted a tackle box pistol they could slap a plinking top on when they wanted to play.

Keep an eye on the frame as they are known for cracking - Mine did.
:s0092: If it does it will mean nothing to me. This is going to end up siting in the safe. Normally some new gun is at the range the same day I buy it. Few times Wife has come home with some new gun I did not know was coming and it is at the range the next day. This one? After I found it has been sitting on my bench in the garage for many weeks. I kept forgetting to toss it in the bag every week. So that shows how excited I was about it. :D
Now that I know it works I will ask Wife if she wants to shoot it next time she goes but I doubt she is going to be over the moon for it. We have a couple Ruger MK's, a Ruger SR compact, and a Ruger LCPII in .22. So this thing? Has nothing to offer me. As I mentioned if someone wanted a pistol to keep in a tackle box? This would be perfect. I ran a few hundred rounds through it today. I doubt it will get that many more rounds for the rest of the time I have it. For what they sold for I was kind of surprised it worked. Until I asked about it here I had no idea they were even still in business.

Mine has many hundreds of rounds thru it. Just replaced the firing pin spring. Don't bother with the long barrel. Last time out we were hitting steel plates at 50 yds with the shorty. I too have a number of nice .22 pistols, but this one still gets shot most times out.

Be careful if you strip it down. I've had to replace a few springs folks bent on reassembly.
I just cleaned the guns from yesterdays session. I gave up trying to take this thing apart. I can see how its supposed to happen but, after :20 or so fighting with it I gave up. Locked it open, sprayed it good, let it dry, oil and grease. Into the safe where it will most likely spend the rest of my life. :D
If I ever have a situation where I want a gun I can not carry on me, this will be the one. Since if it got stolen would bring no tears to my eye. :D

Sounds like High Point. Crank out ultra cheap guns but, stand behind them 100% :)
I used to sell gobs of Jimenez too--same lifetime warranty & same material used (pot metal)--I used to carry the Phoenix Arms target model, it was supposed to be a step up from the standard version--here's the Rangemaster Kit

I used to sell gobs of Jimenez too--same lifetime warranty & same material used (pot metal)--I used to carry the Phoenix Arms target model, it was supposed to be a step up from the standard version--here's the Rangemaster Kit

I looked at those when I found this pistol. I pay so little attention to them I had no idea they were still in business. So I first looked at Ebay for mags. Then another member here told me the Co was still alive. So bought a couple more mags from them just because. Even for some gun I may never shoot again I just can't have only one mag. :D
In looking for the mags I saw the "kit" to put a 5inch tube on them. Looks nice but we have so many .22's now I very much doubt I will bother. I gave up trying to get the slide off the damn thing to clean it today. Still can't for the life of me figure out why Wife even bought this. Have to guess it tickled her fancy one day so she just bought it. :s0092:
I figure what the hell, I love it she now and then buys some new gun I knew not she was even looking at so if she brings home an odd ball or lemon now and then? I will encourage her to keep shopping. My always with me pistol, a Ruger LCPII came home this way. I told her not to buy one. She did anyway and could not handle it so it became mine and I do love the damn thing :D

I am many years removed from mine. Fun while it lasted, just wish it lasted longer. Now if my wife bought it like the OP I may have been obligated to hang onto it.
The reason for me keeping it is not that she bought it. I doubt she is going to fall in love with it when I get her to try it. after all it sat for years with her forgetting she even bought the damn thing. :D This state made it way too much hassle to sell a gun now. For something like this? For what it would sell for it would not to me be worth the hassle of selling it. We have more guns now than I ever have had at any one time only because selling them is more trouble than its worth to me any more. We keep looking to move to another state like ID. If we do a lot of the guns we have now will get sold off. If not hell the kids can do what they will with them when we shuffle off

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top