JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Fail Zero BCG I've seen are Auto/M16. Good luck finding one right now, if I was you I would look at BCM's and sign up for their email notification
<broken link removed>

The Fail Zero BCG I've seen are Auto/M16. Good luck finding one right now, if I was you I would look at BCM's and sign up for their email notification
<broken link removed>

I saw a Fail Zero at the gun show yesterday, at the AR15sport.com booth. Something like a $375 price tag. But then again they wanted $250 for a standard one too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Well I should have everything by Friday of this week. Here's what the build has in it:

ATI complete lower
Aero Precision Mid-Length COP upper
DD 16" mid-length LW barrel
DD low profile pinch type gas block
YHM phantom 5c1 flash hider
WMD NiB BCG
Rainer Arms Raptor ambi charging handle

So far cost is about $1400, but it should be a sweet rifle! Still trying to decide on the sights and an optic.

Troy is awfully proud of their sights. I am leaning towards the Magpul (MBUS) Gen2 sights. Their price is a little more reasonable and it appears people really like them. Aimpoint looks good...also looking at some EoTech stuff. I was also able to snag a Centurian Arms 16" CHF barrel gov profile today...I think I'll build a couple rifles now ;-) I guess the bug has bit me!!! Would also love to find a local dealer that has a Sig P226 Elite in stock. Gonna hit some stores on Friday to see what I can find.

Went with the Magpul MBUS sights. I was also able to snag 7 lowers from Aero Precision a couple of days ago....picked them up from the gun shop yesterday. Everyone has probably heard of the debacle of that whole deal. Went to the WAC gun show at the Puyallup fair grounds today...I'm speechless. I saw a guy trying to sell a complete lower for $1000 and another guy trying to sell a stipped lower for $500. I just looked at the guys and said, "Are you serious!?"...laughed and walked away. I seriously hope somebody doesnt buy the damn things from them...freakin ridiculous!

I ordered my new AX556 lower yesterday from AXTS. 60 to 90 day lead time but, I'm happy to finally have a place in line. I'm trying to find a VLTOR MUR-1A upper but, they, like everything else, have been selling for way over retail. Hopefully I'll find one at a reasonable price. Don't mean to jack your thread Phil, we're just building at the same time and using a few similar parts.

Ok, all done. I shot it this weekend and man...what a blast...very fun rifle to shoot! Final specs:

Aero Precision lower
Aero Precision Mid-Length COP upper
DD 16" mid-length LW barrel
DD low profile pinch screw gas block
YHM phantom 5c1 flash hider
WMD Guns NiB-X BCG
WMD Guns Nitromet gas tube
Rainer Arms Raptor ambi charging handle
Magpul ACS-L stock
Magpul MBUS

IMG_20130125_184601.jpg

IMG_20130125_184601.jpg

Nice work! Looks great. How do you like the Raptor CH and the Nickel Boron BCG?

Thanks :) The Raptor CH is great. The spring inside needed a little oil to make it not squeak...easy fix. You really cant go wrong with it. Very comfortable handle to pull. The BCG is also very nice. The finish on it is really nice. The carrier wipes clean very easy...the bolt cleans easy too, but a little more work to get all of the carbon off of it. I cant imagine having to clean a regular phosphate coated one! I didnt run it dry either. I put a couple drops on the top and bottom, and a little around the gas ring. All in all...the whole setup is very sweet. Total cost for the rifle was right at $1800.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top