JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is permanently closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
Yeah, that's a fair comment. I just haven't cared enough to stir that pot, and I like 'em. Maybe I'll get around to it one day. The only recourse would be to report them to the credit card companies, and I have a big problem hassling a local small business by reporting them to a faceless multinational just to help the big distant guy beat up on my little local guy.

The reason they add the % is because the typical mark up is low enough on some guns (especially special orders) that he would lose money from a 3% CC fee.

Im sure he'd be happy to mark the total price on everything by 3% for everyone, to make up for people that complain about having to pay more by using a CC. Hes doing everyone else a favor by giving the lowest price possible.

Yeah it may be against what the bank's policy is, but who would you rather side with, a bank, or local business giving a discount for cash?

The reason they add the % is because the typical mark up is low enough on some guns (especially special orders) that he would lose money from a 3% CC fee.

Im sure he'd be happy to mark the total price on everything by 3% for everyone, to make up for people that complain about having to pay more by using a CC. Hes doing everyone else a favor by giving the lowest price possible.

Yeah it may be against what the bank's policy is, but who would you rather side with, a bank, or local business giving a discount for cash?

Well sure that makes sense, but isn't considered illegal as posted previously? Discount for cash paying customers or not, doesn't mean it's legal, correct?

Well sure that makes sense, but isn't considered illegal as posted previously? Discount for cash paying customers or not, doesn't mean it's legal, correct?

According to the links posted, its against the credit card company regulations, which isn't illegal, just against a company policy. They also say that several states do have laws against surcharges, but Oregon is not one of them.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top