Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

Philomath Gun Shop Discussion

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

One of my favorite shops in oregon. Wes does special orders firearms for $20 over wholesale, which is by far the cheapest in the area. Some decent gear and ammo prices too (great leupold scope prices).

I would definitely recommend this shop to anyone in the midvalley area. I have bought about 15-20 guns here.

3. robctwo

robctwo rural North Albany Member

I've had very good results with Wes as well.

Hey Physicsguy, Ray and I were at ARPC this morning on the rifle range. Ended up shooting the Baers at 50 yards. What a blast.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  4. PhysicsGuy

Oh cool, do I happen to know you robctwo? What baer do you have?

5. Steve the Nailer

Steve the Nailer Salem, Or New Member

I've had the preasure of obtaining multiple firearms (read around 30) and accessories from Wes and JoAnn both at their store and at gun shows. These are by far the best folks I have ever dealt with. Never had a problem, always helpful and ready to do what the customer needs.
    Not only do I recommend them to my friends and family but to anyone who will listen.
    GREAT FOLKS, GREAT STORE!!!

6. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Just check the website.. HA that place looks awesome.. If I could only open my own gunshop..

7. m'kay13

m'kay13 Boardman, OR Member

I have ordered one gun from Wes, but have been in the store many times to turn tags, drool, purchase accessories, ammunition, and cleaning supplies.

The counter help has been, for the most part, great. On a few occasions, they have come from behind the counter to help me find the right rings, scope, and holster for various firearms. What I like is that they don't always try to point you towards the most expensive item and are comfortable working with the budget I have for whatever I am purchasing.

However, I have had a few issues with guns inside the store being marked $10-$70 over the price advertised on their website. In contrast, I ordered a Taurus 65 that cost me $23 less than the advertised price.

In addition, Wes marks $0.99 off of any ammo purchases I make at his shop because I purchased a firearm from him.

8. robctwo

robctwo rural North Albany Member

Physicguy, I don't know if I know you or not. Rob Corl, local lawyer, 57 years old.

I have a PII 1.5" guarantee in .45 and a 9mm PII.

9. PhysicsGuy

I dont think I know you rob, but maybe I have seen you at Wes's shop.

m'kay, if you get to know Wes well enough he will mark $2-3 off of all ammo and accessories. He marked off a case of 9mm by $30 for me once.

10. m'kay13

I don't have the budget right now to get in on any shop owner's "favorites list." Until I finish up with grad school, I'm just another "annoying tag flipper the breezes into a shop once a month.

11. PhysicsGuy

Although I have spent a bit of money there, I spend a lot of time just talking to him when they aren't busy. Although no matter how much I go in there, JoAnn never seems to remember me.

12. Steve the Nailer

Steve the Nailer Salem, Or New Member

The web site prices are for "Davidsons Guns". They are one of the sources Wes gets his guns through. On any given day you have find the same gun for more or less in the store. Davidson Guns are guaranteed for life.

Just an F.Y.I.

Steve

13. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

These reviews are great to hear. I have also heard pretty good things about these folks.

I drive by there about once a month,, typically on a Friday afternoon on my way to the coast, and, usually they are closed. Don't know what's up with that.

Eventually, I hope to luck out and get in there and check them out.

14. PhysicsGuy

Weird that they look closed. They are open until 5:30 tuesday-thursday, and until 5 on friday and saturday. Sometimes they forget to turn their signs on outside so they look closed. Great place to get next generation ARs, although they are pretty much sold out of all of there stock of black rifles currently.

15. cavalryman40

cavalryman40 Dayton, OR Member

Just bought a sweet Winchester Model 12 Featherweight from them. Once again they provide an enjoyable gun buying experance. I can not say enough about them. It has gotten to the point that when I am looking for a new Firearm, I don't even bother going anyplace elese anymore, and its a 100 mile round trip for me. If you haven't checked them out yet, you should do so. They are good people.

:thumbup:

16. theparanorm

theparanorm Everywhere - Μολὼν λάβε Member

Been emailing Wes a little bit about a few special requests. Sounds like a really nice and knowledgeable dude. Emailed me back some excellent and competitive prices. Think I might make the drive and support his business because of his support for this website. :thumbup:

17. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That's great to hear paranorm! I agree, we need to support the businesses that keep this site going :thumbup:

18. pease

pease Stayton Member

they have a nice shop. I stop by one day on my way to newport, they are firendly and the little shop is pack

19. browning

browning Oregon New Member

It is a great shop! When I was looking for a ACOG I spent many hours on line looking for the best price. Then I asked Philomath gun shop what it would cost to get me an ACOG. He was about $50 cheaper than any other place/site I could find. Plus, he has good deals on guns. Support local.

20. m'kay13

Yes, buy local, buy American.