JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys -

Not sure if this is the place to put this or if I'm better off just PMing a mod, but figured I'd start here. Having an issue with posts I'm hoping someone can help me understand.

A couple weeks ago I posted a thread to trade a G27 for a G26 in the handgun classifieds section. A few days later, I wanted to find it to check when I'd be able to bump it. Like I normally would in this scenario, went to Advanced Search, searched by my username, came up with results for all the other threads I've started, but it did not show the one for my G27-G26 trade. I then searched by keyword, and again did not find it. Thinking the ad must have been deleted somehow, I reposted it. Even got a couple of responses in it, so I know it posted. Same thing, went to look for it a few days later, did not show up in any search results. So, reposted a third time, with a disclaimer at the top that it appeared it was being deleted, and requesting that the mods let me know if I was doing something wrong that was causing them to delete it. This was like 4 or 5 days ago now, got an email that someone had posted in it this morning, followed the link in the email to reply in the thread, and it showed the thread, the other person's comment, and my reply, but did not bump it, and once again will not show up in the search results. However, from the main page, looking at the link for the handgun classified section, it shows my ad as being the most recent one. Just doesn't show once I click the link to enter the handgun classified. So I'm confused. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.

Yes, you are doing something wrong. You are expecting the search function to bring up the latest things and in order. Some of the search functionality is disabled because of the bandwidth issues I believe. One good way to keep track of your own classified ads in the meanwhile is to copy and paste the URL into a notepad or other file you create on your PC. Another might be to save the URL into your browser favorites/bookmarks. I don't do things the right way though and just browse to my own ads page by page knowing the section they are in. :confused:

Haha, will do, thanks Deadeye. So I get it if the search engine is on the fritz, but wouldn't someone posting in the thread usually bump it back up to the top? When my 7 days are up if I bump it will that move it up? Apparently still mid-brain fart....

Haha, will do, thanks Deadeye. So I get it if the search engine is on the fritz, but wouldn't someone posting in the thread usually bump it back up to the top? When my 7 days are up if I bump it will that move it up? Apparently still mid-brain fart....

It only bumps to the top in the classifieds section every 7 days. It will bump with a reply only on the main forum page not in the classifieds section.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top