JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The constitution tells the government what it can't do. It doesn't set up the federal government as a rights protection agency. It's up to us to make sure our rights are protected. Mainly through voting out those who pass bad legislation. It's messy, but it's life in a republic.
Enumerated right in a vacuum ? You do realize that it's enforced by the feds, don't you ?

It works both ways though. If the feds lose the power to put their nose into these matters, that would also mean that feds wouldn't be able to protect the citizens when states decide to restrict some other things.

Shouldn't waste your time worrying about "feds wouldn't be able to protect citizens" Anymore than you should be worried about the states protecting citizens. I'm only worried about getting back to being a "Free State". Which none of the 50 currently come even close to being anymore.

Pass their own laws, hold their own elections, tax their citizens, have their own national guards. Whether or not states have true autonomy is irrelevant, and your argument is semantics.

I'm not an unreasonable guy, and I'm certainly not a constitutional expert, but why do we even bother having states?

It's an argument that's been going on since the country was founded. Right now the federalists are winning.

It's not semantics at all.

You said states are sovereign, and that is simply not true.

Just like Feinstein is not guilty of treason.

Come on guys this is getting ridiculous. That petition isn't going to accomplish a damn thing other than make us look like idiots. Feinstein is obviously a moron but her actions do not constitute treason. Rather than signing this why don't you write and call your representatives. Here in OR we are going to have to fight off Ginny's AWB, have you contacted your state representative? On the national level contact your senators and representatives. Making it known to the politicians that millions of gun owners are against an AWB and are watching the issue closely is more effective because it appeals to the politicians desire to keep their job.

An e-mail to your representative is more effective than a petition that will never be addressed.

<broken link removed>
Find Your Representative · House.gov

Just because you say so? I gave you reasons, you have me none. It is semantics, because in a other regards states are, in fact sovereign. This is why states rights is such a big argument.

It's not semantics at all.

You said states are sovereign, and that is simply not true.

Just like Feinstein is not guilty of treason.

Just for the record, I think this petition is misguided and the senator in question isn't treasonouse. However, people absolutely feel out of control in this country that was supposed to be of the people, and this is a symptom of that IMO.

Just because you say so? I gave you reasons, you have me none. It is semantics, because in a other regards states are, in fact sovereign. This is why states rights is such a big argument.

Here's one reason.

sov·er·eign·ty (svr-n-t, svrn-)
n. pl. sov·er·eign·ties
1. Supremacy of authority or rule as exercised by a sovereign or sovereign state.
2. Royal rank, authority, or power.
3. Complete independence and self-government.
4. A territory existing as an independent state.

The U.S. is sovereign. Canada is sovereign. Mexico is sovereign. Alabama may think it's sovereign, but it simply isn't. A state making state laws doesn't change that, despite your ignorance on the interaction between local, state, and federal laws. Your argument states that an entity that creats it's own laws is sovereign. If that's the case, Portland is sovereign. Gresham is sovereign. Wheeler County is sovereign. I mean, they pass their own laws, hold their own elections, tax their citizens, right?

And the National Guard? Really?

Words mean things.

This is getting out of control. All these petitions are insane and get nothing accomplished. All signing this does is show how intolerant you are, and unwilling to go through traditional, constitutional means to influence our country. Like Beaverton said, if you don't like it, and obviously you shouldn't like an all out ban as she proposes, contact your congressmen. Change your vote if you have to. But the fact is she is a legislator, and legislators purpose is to observe, consider, and propose change in legislation as well as they see fit.

Also, and I know I'm going to get hate for this, can I propose one thing.

Maybe she isn't a traitor who hates America and wants to burn the constitution and throw a flaming sack of dog crap on your doorstep. Maybe, just maybe, the people calling for gun reform are, in light of recent events, doing what they think is best to protect the general populace of their country? Do they have the best ideas? Of course not! We all know that, it's pretty unlikely anyone here will argue for an AWB. But when people propose gun control reform, instead of raging and giving us gunners a bad name, please just debate them with rational thought and legitimate arguements.

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party &#8211; Mao Tse Tung

We need to use all avenues available to us, just like the gun banners do. petitions, letters to senators and representatives. Even when the gun banners are quiet, we must continue the fight or we will lose the rights we have. We must not let the gun banners drive the wedge between us and the NRA and the GOA. The anti-gun people are on all the firearm forums causing division pretending to be one of us. We need to use all forms of social media to further our cause!!!! What ever you do don't contribute to the fake groups that pretend to fight for our cause. keep up the good fight.:s0155:

She took an oath of Office for her position, she seems to forget the contents of the oath-Google it=Treason

Here's the definition of treason for the US Federal govt from the US Constitution Article III Section 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

Violating an oath of office can't be treason unless the act is by definition treason. There are different US Codes related to the oath of office.

The constitution tells the government what it can't do. It doesn't set up the federal government as a rights protection agency. It's up to us to make sure our rights are protected. Mainly through voting out those who pass bad legislation. It's messy, but it's life in a republic.

Do you understand the meaning of Heller and McDonald decisions, as well as the means by which Supreme Court decisions are enforced ?

That does not even begin to equal treason, and I'm kind of confused as to how you could draw that conclusion. Just because you do not agree with the actions of an elected official does not make their actions treason. that is up to the courts to decide.

If you are having a hard time with the concept of what treason is, you should use that same "Google it" mentality and look for examples of other people who have been successfully tried for treason in this country.

Note: you will not find anyone being tried for treason due to laws or executive orders they tried to submit.

Treason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TreasonIn law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more extreme acts against one's sovereign or nation......This is the first google search.

I believe elsewhere I already said states can't pass unconstitutional laws. It's up to us to challenge laws that infringe on our rights, and the courts to rule on those laws.

You seem intent on telling me where I'm wrong. I offered what I think is a solution to the current unrest that I see in many people regarding how they're represented. How about you offer up a solution instead of just arguing? Maybe you feel that everything is fine and going in the right direction? And if so, what's the point of having states at all? Why not just one big nation? It sure would eliminate a lot of wasteful paperwork.

Do you understand the meaning of Heller and McDonald decisions, as well as the means by which Supreme Court decisions are enforced ?

If you want her charged under a US law, you'd have to find the legally defined version of treason in the U.S.C and then prove she's violated it. A dictionary definition is of no use.

Treason - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TreasonIn law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more extreme acts against one's sovereign or nation......This is the first google search.

I believe elsewhere I already said states can't pass unconstitutional laws. It's up to us to challenge laws that infringe on out rights, and the courts to rule on those laws.

It can't be both. Either states (or feds) can't pass unconstitutional laws, or they actually can, and it's up to us to challenge and overturn those laws after they are passed. It's actually the latter.

You seem intent on telling me where I'm wrong.

Yes, I think you don't understand one of the functions of the federal government - protect the rights of citizenship.

I offered what I think is a solution to the current unrest that I see in many people regarding how they're represented. How about you offer up a solution instead of just arguing? Maybe you feel that everything is fine and going in the right direction?

It depends on what you define as direction. I think the circus with the new Assault Weapons ban is just that, circus.

And if so, what's the point of having states at all? Why not just one big nation? It sure would eliminate a lot of wasteful paperwork.

We have states for a historic reason. It's strange that you even ask something like that.

IMHO It will take to long for the Treason to cause action... she needs to be labled as an Enemy Combatent of the USA and detained indefiniately in a FEMA camp(without a view) under NDAA guidelines...no charges needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top