JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's another petition on this subject too. <broken link removed>

Never looked through those petitions before but most are amusing. Secession and deporting/keeping a certain Brit seem popular.

People must understand that the left-right political paradigm is a distraction. The politicians from both parties are controlled by the same global elites.

just debate the issue. contact your representatives and tell them how you feel. these petitions are ridiculous and make gun owners look stupid.

The actual petition:

--------------------

Try Senator Dianne Feinstein in a Federal Court For Treason To The Constitution
The Constitution was written to restrain the government. No amendment is more important for this purpose than the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment was written so the power could be kept with the citizenry in the face of a tyrannical government. It was well understood the Constitution acknowledged certain rights that could not be limited by government.

Senator Dianne Feinstein has made it clear she does not believe in the Constitution or the inalienable rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. She is actively working to destroy the 2nd amendment with her 2013 assault weapons ban. For this reason we the people of the united States petition for her to be tried in Federal Court for treason to the Constitution.

An outline of her bill may be found here:

United States Senator Dianne Feinstein

-------------------------

The wording does not SEEM stupid to me. Seems like a reasonable position and reasonably well written.

Which part of it was stupid?

Which part of it was stupid?

The part where Supreme Court says

(2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

Also legislative action does not qualify as treason.

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]."

I say we file a petition to ban stupid people :)

I despise what she is doing as much as the next reasonable gun owner, but nothing she is doing constitutes treason in any way.

I don't think the writer of this petition (or those so eager to sign it) understand what treason actually entails.

Working to change laws or amendments, either through congressional legislation, or trying to circumvent them via executive order, is not treason.

It may be sleazy. It may be deemed illegal by the courts, but it is not treason.

I think a lot of the problem is that people feel very disenfranchised these days. Some California legislator wants to tell the entire nation that guns should be illegal. If the states would just take back a little power and tell the Fed to F off, the power would be centered a little closer to home for most people, and they would feel more connected to their elected officials. As we have it now, there's a bunch of political elites in ivory towers thousands of miles away from the voting populace. Both political parties love a strong federal government.

It'll never happen though because all of the states are addicted to federal money.

I think a lot of the problem is that people feel very disenfranchised these days. Some California legislator wants to tell the entire nation that guns should be illegal. If the states would just take back a little power and tell the Fed to F off, the power would be centered a little closer to home for most people, and they would feel more connected to their elected officials. As we have it now, there's a bunch of political elites in ivory towers thousands of miles away from the voting populace. Both political parties love a strong federal government.

It'll never happen though because all of the states are addicted to federal money.

It works both ways though. If the feds lose the power to put their nose into these matters, that would also mean that feds wouldn't be able to protect the citizens when states decide to restrict some other things.

I'm not sure I follow. The states are sovereign. They should be protecting the people. The fed is there to keep the union together and defend us from foreign attacks.

If you mean things like same sex marriage, the states are already doing more than the feds in protecting the rights of the people. It makes sense too, because the closer your politicians are, the more likely they are to reflect the will of the people.

The way it is now is just a jumbled mess. State passes law, Fed says no way, takes away highway funding. State agrees. Fed gets bigger.

There used to be a reason we were 50 individual states.

It works both ways though. If the feds lose the power to put their nose into these matters, that would also mean that feds wouldn't be able to protect the citizens when states decide to restrict some other things.

I'm not sure I follow. The states are sovereign. They should be protecting the people. The fed is there to keep the union together and defend us from foreign attacks.

If you mean things like same sex marriage, the states are already doing more than the feds in protecting the rights of the people. It makes sense too, because the closer your politicians are, the more likely they are to reflect the will of the people.

The way it is now is just a jumbled mess. State passes law, Fed says no way, takes away highway funding. State agrees. Fed gets bigger.

There used to be a reason we were 50 individual states.

So how would you protect gun ownership rights then ? Many states don't have a provision for that, and some (IL) simply ignore it.

Gun ownership doesn't need a legal provision. It's an enumerated right. No state or law can infringe on it. That fact that a few do, is another conversation altogether.

So how would you protect gun ownership rights then ? Many states don't have a provision for that, and some (IL) simply ignore it.

Gun ownership doesn't need a legal provision. It's an enumerated right. No state or law can infringe on it. That fact that a few do, is another conversation altogether.

Enumerated right in a vacuum ? You do realize that it's enforced by the feds, don't you ?

I despise what she is doing as much as the next reasonable gun owner, but nothing she is doing constitutes treason in any way.

I don't think the writer of this petition (or those so eager to sign it) understand what treason actually entails.

Working to change laws or amendments, either through congressional legislation, or trying to circumvent them via executive order, is not treason.

It may be sleazy. It may be deemed illegal by the courts, but it is not treason.

Yes. Treason is defined in the Constitution and there are only a couple of actions that constitute treason.

Done! Thanks for letting me know about this. I am going to encourage everyone I know and we must share with other forums. The anti-gun people are well organized and we must get well organized as well and pick up the sword and fight!:s0155:

Pass their own laws, hold their own elections, tax their citizens, have their own national guards. Whether or not states have true autonomy is irrelevant, and your argument is semantics.

I'm not an unreasonable guy, and I'm certainly not a constitutional expert, but why do we even bother having states?

It's an argument that's been going on since the country was founded. Right now the federalists are winning.

Being able to administer their own laws and programs is not the same as sovereign. Not even close.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews