Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Petition for Jimenez Arms to make better parts

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by w_houle, Jan 9, 2010.

1. w_houle

w_houle Lincolnville New Member

2. Generator

Generator Bend Member

I've owned a Davis .380 when I was new to guns, making far less, and ... well
    poorly informed, I try to stay away from these threads. But it nearly blinded a friend of mine.

There are companies that make better guns, they charge 150 not 120 for a gun. Hi-Point is the place for you to look, not perfect but they do have more positive opinions than the SNS HandBlasting/FTF company that is somehow still in business...who have produced a line of the worst most owner-harming...

Don't sign,
    Don't buy,
    Please let this company go out of business.

3. sillyrabbit

sillyrabbit Salem, Oregon Member

There's a much better way to let them know........... Don't buy there and tell them why!
    And if they don't get it, they don't deserve to be in business!

4. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

You cant polish a turd.

We are talking about a pot metal, blowback-operated gun that was made as cheaply as possible. As delivered, these guns are functionally useless from a reliability standpoint and are borderline unsafe to shoot. Sticking a few "better parts" into them will not change the reality of what they are.

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Exactly! vote with your wallet!

6. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

I thought they had gone out of business long ago..........

Just don't buy any JA products. THAT will get their attention!

7. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Actually you can, Mythbusters did it, Polished to a high shine.

I agree, I have never seen a Jennings that worked correctly. I would only personally fire a Jennings .22, because when they blow apart, it doesn't do as much damage to your hand, as a centerfire would do. I bought a Jennings .22 when I was younger, from a pawnshop. $50 out the door. I traded it in a week later, they gave me $50 towards a sks.

8. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

They used to be Jennings. Then the company got sued and wound up declaring bankruptcy. The assets were bought up by one of the employees, a guy by the name of Jimenez, and they started back up again under the new name. Same garbage, different label.