JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is your guys opinion on these??

I bought a box after looking for some ammo at bi-mart. They only had the peters and Remington GB's. I understand they are both made by Remington. When I looked at the RGB's the bullets seemed loose and extremely wobbly in the casing itself. The peters on the other hand were nice and tight. I tried googling the peters but could not find any info on them.

They will work but a very dirty round. Loaned a clip out one day at the range and it was covered with soot compared to the one I was shooting with the Winchester ammo.

On a related note, what do you folks suggest as being the best bulk packed .22s commonly available?

I like the Winchester 333, it has always been quite reliable for me and it tends to feed well in a variety of guns. It is semi-available and far from the best, but it tends to be what I buy when Wally World has it it.

I've noticed more duds, or rounds that needed a 2nd firing pin strike to fire, with the Peters. Also what seems to be the most variance in "power" from round to round. But, they do shoot well and I'm only shooting them at tin cans or reactive targets. They're cheap and I'll buy them. I prefer the Remington branded stuff, but really don't like the loose packed boxes they come in. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Whatever you do don't buy the Blazer 500 Bricks, as I wan't them all for myself!
Better than mini mags and cheaper too, nice 50 round boxes with cartridge holders.

All the peters I ever shot was dirty, didn't feed good in my guns, and had lots of duds. It's as bad as most of the remington bulk stuff I've shot.

I prefer Federal bulk ammo. I don't think I've ever had any duds with any CCI, but I haven't really shot much of it either, due to the higher cost.

I shot 150 rounds of Peters last weekend. No failures or problems. However, I can't speak to the accuracy, since I'm still figuring out how to shoot. All the bullets felt secure in their casings, unlike the Remington and Federal bulk I shot as well. Unfortunately, I can't remember off the top of my head what specific flavors of Federal and Remington those were.

I did side by side comparisons this year with my 10/22- keep in mind all rifles will like different ammo- All Remington and Peters were inconsistent (3" goups), some duds- I will never buy any of this stuff again for 22lr. (all of these were off a bench at 25yards with 4x leupold)
Blazer 500 brick to shoot decent- .5" groups (very clean, 5 shots- 3holes(clover leaf), cheap
Winchester Super x- .25" group
Rem 38gr subsonics- .5"-.75"
Federal American Eagle- 38gr- .5" touching holes
Federal Value Pack- 36grn- .25"- noticable zip- fast and clean
Aguils 30grn hyper velocity- 1.5" at 25yards
Stingers- .25"- and only .5" higher than the Federal Value Pack stuff- awsome
Velocitors- Same POI as Feds and Stingers- .25"- touching holes
Summary- I will be buying the cheaper Federal Value pack stuff!- growing up I always used Remington- I have been so disapointed with them over the last couple years- they don't get my business anymore

I bought a 500 pack of the peters at bi-mart and thought it was fine in a bolt action savage mk II. I had no failure to feed or pin strike problems. I personally thought it was more consistent then the federal 36 grain value pack 525, that ammo is just too inaccurate for my liking. Its cheap and goes boom, I would buy it again if only choice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top