JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ballistics, ballistics...

Given we are in the PNW, I would be pretty sure most of you who carry, use a "preferred" ammo for self defense. Given that the seasons around here vary fairly wildly, I would be pretty positive that most of us switch ammo from summer to winter.

Winter ammo its a given to penetrate more layers of coats and/or clothing, and summer ammo, well. Not so much need for penetration of layers..

How many of you switch summer to winter, what do you use, and why?

Never though of changing. I carry Critical Defense in everything but my new Judge. When they make Critical Defense for it I'll change it too. I don't carry the Judge, it's kept in a vehicle only.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Day in day out, it is Hornady Critical Defense in my EDC .380, and my home defender .45 ACP.

Why should I change with the weather, when I have the best loaded at all times??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

I really doubt that there would be that big of difference.
Unless you are using heavy solid core game loads for the heavy fabric.

Unless you are way north,this shouldn't be that much of a factor.I think a guy with a leather coat,or such would pose more of a problem than the guy with 4 layers of nylon and goose down.

HP's from years ago would plug when going thru many layers of clothing, thus acting like a round nose. But the newer models out today don't have that problem, so there's no need to worry about it. And if people are buying up Hydra-Shok or the old Black Talon stuff, you're way behind the times...its old technology, and doesn't perform nearly as well of the current options out there.

HP's from years ago would plug when going thru many layers of clothing, thus acting like a round nose. But the newer models out today don't have that problem, so there's no need to worry about it. And if people are buying up Hydra-Shok or the old Black Talon stuff, you're way behind the times...its old technology, and doesn't perform nearly as well of the current options out there.

That's great.And the ammo manufacturers love you saying this too.
And you are right,and it is necessary to have the "new improved" rounds for some calibers.
And for some shooters.

BUT,if I can put 5 rounds of target load in a guys chest cavity (and I would probably do the same with any load) the MF is gunna fall.

This is the same as all the different calibers out there. A 38 was doing fine for years,but we needed (Elmer Keith needed,I think) a 357
The 30-06 is perfect for most game,but someone needed the 300RUM

Manufacturers "NEED" more sales,and will always engineer something "new and improved" to make us buy more.

Now don't get me wrong,I fall for this sh.it all the time,but I also know my old "rangers" will drop a bad guy.Or my target loads.

Oh ya, you betcha then. The new hollow points have a built-in "force field" that keeps cloth and other materials from plugging it up. I believe they started doing that in December of 2010, so all HP bullets from earlier times are worthless unless you shoot bare skin. Everyone please PM me with arrangement for me to pick up all your worthless ammo for proper disposal. :s0114:

Oh ya, you betcha then. The new hollow points have a built-in "force field" that keeps cloth and other materials from plugging it up. I believe they started doing that in December of 2010, so all HP bullets from earlier times are worthless unless you shoot bare skin. Everyone please PM me with arrangement for me to pick up all your worthless ammo for proper disposal. :s0114:

Now that's funny poo right there.I don't care who you are.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top