JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too me, this shows how much more powerful of a weapon, physically and mentally, a semi-auto rifle is compared to pistols: AR15 comes out, bad guys run.

Can't see exactly what happened but that's my take away.

I noticed in his haste the one LEO ejects a live round from his AR while trying to charge it. I am sure all 3 of those arrested will be hailed as just on their way to college before this happened.
Pretty much standard is "Patrol Ready." Full mag, empty chamber, closed bolt and dust cover. Interesting they'd have one chambered. Obviously the Officer thought it was empty chamber.

If, for whatever reason, you're not 100% sure that you have a round chambered, it's waaay faster to just rack the slide (pull the bolt, charging handle, whatever) to be sure.
Unless you're expecting contact, patrolling locked n loaded, an ambush will cause a person to revert to their highest level of training. Or panic.

Press checks are for BEFORE SHTF.

Yah, not unusual.

Man/murderer with a pistol now weighs 20# extra with all the copper jacketed rounds in him. Good work but one officer does a mag change and doesn't get it seated, when the next round fires, the mag falls out.... Ooops!:

Yah, not unusual.

Man/murderer with a pistol now weighs 20# extra with all the copper jacketed rounds in him. Good work but one officer does a mag change and doesn't get it seated, when the next round fires, the mag falls out.... Ooops!:

Stress often does bad things. Lucky he did not need that gun when the mag falls out. When I watched this the first thing I thought of is all the conversations I have seen where a gun owners claims if he was at an active shooter he would go after them. Look at the shooter, he looked like anyone else. LEO's are on edge looking for shooter. If "Jim good guy" is running around with gun in hand how are the LEO's going to know he is not the shooter?

I like to simply the process by having things chambered.
Sure if you have a dedicated self defense pistol or rifle in a secure quick access location, but I prefer to keep empty and flagged chambers in my safe full of guns (Note to self, buy a bigger safe). I read of too may negative outcomes that have happened when loaded guns are removed from a full safe (including one member here who shot himself in the foot).

Also, I don't want the opposite to happen. Wife is home alone, hears the back window braking, opens safe, grabs an AR that has the dust cover closed, needs to fire at an intruder and gets a loud click instead of a bang.

Sure if you have a dedicated self defense pistol or rifle in a secure quick access location, but I prefer to keep empty and flagged chambers in my safe full of guns (Note to self, buy a bigger safe). I read of too may negative outcomes that have happened when loaded guns are removed from a full safe (including one member here who shot himself in the foot).

Also, I don't want the opposite to happen. Wife is home alone, hears the back window braking, opens safe, grabs an AR that has the dust cover closed, needs to fire at an intruder and gets a loud click instead of a bang.
Everyone gets to decide what works best for them. I've never been worried about shooting myself or others on accident. Checking the chamber before pulling the trigger on anything is not difficult, not putting my finger on the trigger unless I intent to is also not difficult. By everything being chambered all the time, there is no question of its status. It simply is. I question the act of gun ownership for people who it is difficult for to discern loaded or unloaded. It's like in the magnificent seven when the inept farmer is told to use the rifle as a club because he didn't have the capacity to use it as intended.

I am not worried about me. I have a dedicated nightstand pistol that I know is loaded, but it is in a holster so the trigger is covered. And my kids are safety trained, however other people's children are a concern.

A story from a few Christmases ago involved a homeowner showing off his collection to relatives. Since his safe was stuffed full, he put some firearms on the bed. A six year ago wandered in looking for his dad, picked up a loaded pistol and accidentally shot the homeowner in the butt.

I am not worried about me. I have a dedicated nightstand pistol that I know is loaded, but it is in a holster so the trigger is covered. And my kids are safety trained, however other people's children are a concern.

A story from a few Christmases ago involved a homeowner showing off his collection to relatives. Since his safe was stuffed full, he put some firearms on the bed. A six year ago wandered in looking for his dad, picked up a loaded pistol and accidentally shot the homeowner in the butt.
Yep - untrained/unsafe people, whether they be kids or adults, should be well supervised around guns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top